A little laugh

A year later

I awake to the sound of my little angel screaming at the top of her lungs. For the first two weeks Ben stayed with me, to help me. By staying with me and the baby.

He left a week ago to visit another kingdom. And I have been trying to learn how to be a mother all by myself. As I changed Adeline's dipper I began to cry.

Because oh how I wish my mother was here to teach me how to be a good mother like she was. After changing her I began to dress myself while watching her in her crib.

"I believe I need some time away from this palace." I said as I gathered some things and placed them into a large suitcase. While Adeline made noises in her crib.

"I believe we shall go on a little trip." I said while picking her up. She smiled as if she understood what I was saying.

I smiled and picked up the suitcase before making my way towards the stables. I left a small note on my bed telling whomever it may concern I am visiting an old friend for a couple of weeks.

I knew it could be quite dangerous to travel with a baby. However I was going to be traveling with a guard and Trinity. Also unlike my last journey I would be in a carriage.

Then a few other carriages would be a chef and other people that we would need to help around the house.

Once everything was ready Trinity and I made our way towards the carriage. We rode for a few hours until Adeline started to wake up.

The farther away we got from the palace the happer she became. I fed her a little milk from my breast and began to sing a song Jamie taught me.

"Lavender Green, dilly dilly.
Lavender Blue. If you will be my king.
Dilly dilly, I will be your queen."

"I love that song." Trinity said as she started to make silly faces at Adeline to make her laugh.

"Where are we going?" She asked while turning her attention towards me.

"It's one of my family's old homes." I said while gazing out the window. We traveled for 4 days.

It took us  longer than it did me when I made my journey. However I was thrilled once I could smell the ocean once more.

I directed the driver towards the secret entrance and we started to make our way down the long road that had trees hanging over it.

He stopped the carriage in front of the doors of the old house and I started to make my way inside.

"We shall take the carriage and deal with the horses ma'am." The driver said.

Once they left I made my way into the home with Triny following close behind. "It's quite dusty here." She said as she dusted a hallway table.

"Indeed, Please excuse me for a moment." I said while quickly leaving her to make my way towards mine and Jamie's Chambers.

As I made my way down the hallways with Adeline on my hip. I was stunned to find the place as I left it. It seems as if the men found the note and left.

I quickly halted in front of my chamber door. Scared to see what might lay behind it. Perhaps memories.........

*Door Creaking*

Once the door was open I was amazed at the sight. It was as if Jamie hadn't returned for me.

I looked around to find the letter I wrote a little out of place from where I had left it.

Although nothing looked as if Jamie had found it. "He wasn't looking for me."

I said as tears began to fall from my eyes. I placed Adeline on the ground to let her crawl around.

Then I heard a moving sound coming from my old closet.

I quickly ran towards the noise to find Adeline pulling down one of Jamie's shirts.

I stood there as she lifted towards her and fell over on top of a large blanket.

I walked over to Jamie's side of the closet and picked up the shirt with Adeline screaming as I pulled it away from her.

I quickly gave it back when I heard Trinity start to yell.

"Dinner is ready!" She yelled down the long hallway.

Then I started to make my way down the hallway towards the kitchen. We all ate and Adeline was able to eat her first real food.

The chef made sure the mashed potatoes were extra squishy so she would be able to eat it.

After dinner I took Adeline down towards the shore so she could experience the beach for the first time.