Stain glass

"How dare that man talk about our father in such a manner. I thought he said he wasn't stupid."

My wolf Arie said as she tried her best to fight for control of my body. So she could rip the King to shredded. My eyes burned bright red as I started to walk faster.

I quickly stopped walking once I felt someone pulling my arm. I glanced back to find Jamie out of breath behind me. His eyes were in total shock at my eyes then kissed my lips.

As he did I felt all my worries melt into the carpet below, as his lips crested mine.

He pulled away to see if my eyes went back to normal. Once he was satisfied by my appearance he took my hand and started walking.

"Where are we going?" I said while trying to catch my breath. Before when I was walking my adrenaline was pumping so I barely had time to think of my lungs.

I pulled away from him and he stopped then slowly turned towards me. I could tell that he must have been angry at his fathers words. I could feel heat starting to rise within him.

I placed a simple yet heartfelt kiss upon his lips then pulled away from him, like he had done to me moments before. "Now Jamie I refuse to follow you, until you tell me where it is we are heading to."

"Charlotte I am going to take you to a place that my mother used to take me." He said as he held my hand on his own. Then started to take off once more.

We passed many people at court, however Jamie paid little attention to them. He stopped in front of two large brown doors. Once he opened them I could see tall shelves with books lining every shelf.

I couldn't help but stare at the sight. Even though my kingdom is one of the riches out of them all.

The Blood Moon Pack's kingdom comes in second. However my father doesn't use up all his money to make the castle seem grand, he uses it to help his kingdom. Unlike Jamie's father.

He walked over to the staircase leading towards a loft area of the library. He stopped in front of the last book shelf then slightly pulled on a green book. It revealed another set of stairs that lead up towards the havens.

We made our way up the long staircase until Jamie started to speak. While placing his hands over my eyes and guiding me. "Now you may open them." He said as he whispered into my ear.

Letting his hand fall from my eyes, caressing my shoulders as he placed a small kiss on them. Then he took my hand and guided me further into the grand room.

The shape of the room was like a circle. It had white walls and a tall ceiling.

It had stained glass windows covering the entire ceiling. Casting beautiful rays of light across the entire room. However it was a small and simple room, it was my favorite so far.

"What do you think?" Jamie asked as he let go of my hand and twirled in the center of the room. "It's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life."

He smiled as he gestured towards a small picnic basket that sat around unlit candles, with a blanket in the center. He held his hand out as he helped me down towards the ground.

Once he helped me down, he soon followed. He placed a few plates of food on the ground, then a tray of fruits.

The food looked as if it was made a few hours ago, so now it was just warm.

We sat there in silence for a few moments and started to eat." May I ask you a question." He said while fixing us both a glass of wine.

"Sure."

"So do you want to tell me what happened back there in my fathers office?" He said while sipping some of his wine.

"Which part, my love?" I asked while I talked through my teeth, not wanting to relive any of the moments before entering this room.

"The part when you started to burn my fathers hand." He said while placing his cup down onto the marble floor beside him.

"I don't know what you are talking about Jamie." I said, as I tried my best to keep my heart rate steady at his question.

"Don't lie to me Charlotte. My father might have been drunk for hours before he met you. So he won't remember your encounter, however I saw you place your hand on his. Then it seemed as if you had a burning piece of metal in your hands, as he started to smoke."

He said while looking away from me. "I believe I can trust you. However I have never told anyone this." I said out loud, I meant to say it in my head but my lips opened as the thought ran across my mind.

He glanced towards me as I spoke, then took my hand. "You can trust me. I would rather die a horrible death than lose your trust." He said while cupping my face in his large hand.