Drunk

The next day

I awoke to my lady's maid rushing all around. "What is the matter?" I asked while sitting up in my bed.

"We have one full day before the ball. I must make sure you and Adenine are fully prepared." She said as she ran over and grabbed my hands.

"Where is Adeline?" I asked as she led me into the closet to change.

"Oh, her nurse came to take her to the dining hall for breakfast." she said as she lifted my night gown off my nude body.

The chil of the fall morning made my nipps hard to the touch. Thankfully she made sure I would have some type of layers on for the festival that was held outdoors.

*A noise*

The lady's maid hushed me as she walked towards the entire way of my closet to see where that random noise came from.

Then it hit me. Jamie slept over last night and probably was hiding under the bed while the lady's maid came into the room.

"Wait! I must have left that book near the edge of the desk. That must be what fell." I quickly said as she halted and made her way back to me.

I breathed a sigh of relief when she didn't ask questions. After she was done and left, I walked into my chambers to look for Jamie.

However, all I found was a note."I shall see you at the festival." He said.

As I walked down the extravagantly decorated halls I saw a few faces that I remembered from when my family hosted the Golden moon festival. However I made sure they couldn't see my face.

Once I passed by a few guards standing near the gardens doors I was taken back by the crowd. It was larger than any I had seen before. The air was filled with loud music and different foods.

I had managed to make it halfway through the crowd when a few of the Lady's at court stopped me.

"Lady Rose, I have been wondering where you have been." Lady Julia said as the others agreed.

"I have been rather busy lately." I said as I glazed passed them to see Jamie standing there with Adeline.

"Excuse me Ladies I would like to join in on the festivities with my daughter." I said as I pushed past them.

However I wasn't able to make it close enough before someone grabbed my arm and pulled me into their embrace. Then I felt soft plump lips touch my own.

I could tell it was Benjamin's lscent, although he had been drinking a lot. Whiskey mixed with vodka was all I could smell as his scent surrounded me.

I quickly pushed him away as if he was a melted piece of candy stuck to the bottom of my heels.

Before I could manage any type of word to form out of my mouth I heard the music and noises calm. It seemed as if I would be the talk of the court until this all passed.

"Do you love me?" He asked with desperation in his eyes. "What?" I asked, looking at the large crowd hoping Jamie had walked away before he could see anything.

Although I was wrong Adeline was standing beside him as I could feel his anger start to build up within him. He was waiting for Ben to say one more thing that would give him the right to rip his head off.

"Damn it, answer me!" He spat as he shook me with his claws extending into my arm.

"Stop it Benjamin. You are making a scene and you are drunk." I said in a hushed tone that he could only hear.

An evil smirk grew across his face as he let one of my arms go and pulled me closer towards the crowd.

"Please Ben, you're hurting me." I begged as his claw tore into the skin on my arm.

I looked at the scared faces of everyone in the crowd as they looked at the scene unfolding before them. However all I could focus on was Jamie's bright gold eyes staring back at me.

"Tell them why you don't love me! Tell them I have been a better father than that scumbag that knocked you up then rejected you!" He spat as he threw me towards the ground.

I fell to the ground, landing on a rock. I felt some blood start pouring out of my face. When I heard a loud growl come from the crowd.

My heart skipped a beat because I knew it was Liam that was incontrol of Jamie