Cold Water

4 Years Ago

After leaving the safe house I ventured far into the forest. I didn't sleep for 2 days until I decided I needed some rest to be able to finish my journey.

I tied my horse to a nearby oak tree before climbing up and resting my body on a branch.

I let sleep cover every inch of me. My entire body was sore from riding, however I knew if I stopped I would want to turn back.

Although I couldn't, so I made sure there would be a great distance from me and the safe house.

I was awakened by a man's voice. "Excuse Me." I quickly fell out of the tree and onto the man. I sat up immediately because for a moment I believed it was King Franklin.

I studied the strangers' features and concluded this must be one of his many sons. "Are you okay Miss?" He asked.

I dusted the snow off my dress and nodded. "Yes, Indeed I am." I said while walking over to my horse.

"If you don't mind me asking why you are deep in the forest by yourself. It's quite dangerous for a gorgeous thing like yourself to be wandering around." He said

"I am aware. Now if you are done talking I shall be making my way towards King Franklin's Kingdom." I said while I got on my horse. Soon I was off as the heel of my foot hit the horse.

I quickly turned to see him catching up to me. Then I turned to see a frozen pond coming up. Before I had time to slow my horse, I was being launched into the air.

I hit the cold ice with a hard thud. It felt as if every bone in my body was broken.

I stumbled to my feet when I heard the strange man start to speak, as he hopped off his horse.

"Stay completely still." I heard the man say as he started to make his way towards the frozen pond.

Although before he could say another word the ice broke. I was immediately covered in icy cold water. All I could see was Jamie's Face in my mind as everything around me started to fade into darkness.

Then as I started to black out I felt warm arms grab my limp body out of the frozen water. He took his jacket off and wrapped it around my body.

"I have a cabin not too far from here, I shall take you there."

I heard the man say as he lifted me in his arms and started to make his way into the forest.

Darkness started to cover every inch of my body as he made his way further away from the pond.

****
Hours later

I awoke to the sound of fire crackling and footsteps making their way towards me. I tried to sit up, however my body would not let me.

"Please try not to move. Your body is trying to heal." The man said as he lifted my head to prop my head apon a pillow. "What is your name?"

I asked. Wondering why a man that just met me risked his own life trying to save me. "I am Prince Benjamin." He said with a smile as he fixed me a cup of tea.

He held the cup up to my lips. Reluctantly I gave in and finished the entire cup.

I haven't had a drink since I ran out of water a day ago.

"Well thank you Lord Benjamin for saving me." I said while bowing my head a little in respect.

He smiled and placed the cup down and pulled a seat near the bed I was in.

"Are you going to tell me your name?" He asked as he fixed himself a cup of tea.

I hadn't had much time to think of anything other than Jamie and my destiny.

"Rose." I quickly blurted out. I claimed my voice and began to talk more calmly. "Harper Rose, but people call me Rose." I said with a smile.

"Harper Rose, that is quite beautiful. It is a pleasure to meet you Rose."

He said as he savored my name. I could tell he fancied me the moment he laid eyes on me.

"I would like to rest now, Lord Benjamin." I said as I rolled over on my side facing away from him.

He made sure I was tucked in the sheets before leaving the room.