Blood

As I lifted my head towards where I heard the noise of ripping and screams I noticed Jamie on top of a bloody Benjamin.

The crowd began to run away from the scene as bodyguards surrounded Jamie. I tried to scream his name, but he never stopped ripping at Begniamns chest.

I could see Jamie's eyes begin to turn a red/orange  color. I began to think Benjamin might not make it through this attack.

Jamie held off the guards using one hand, while the other was ripping at Benjamin's skin.

I felt small arms wrap around my leg when I looked down to see Adeline. She had never experienced this side of Jamie before. I wish she still had a perfect picture of him.

However, now it might have been ruined by his actions. Benjamin was still halfway consensus as he somehow saw Adeline.

"Turn away. I don't want you to see this." Benjamin said as he looked up towards us with blood pouring out of his mouth. All I could do was cry out Jamie's name to stop. However nothing was working.

For a moment I was in a state of shock as Jamie lifted his arm up to do the final blow that would kill Ben.

I shut my eyes trying not to have this memory burned into my mind. When I heard Adelines voice. It was drowned out by all the screams, but I could hear her.

"Please. Daddy stop." She said in a quiet tone.

I opened my eyes to see Jamie's eyes turn from red to gold, then back to a calm sea. He had regret all over his face. He knew he had shown his daughter the true monster that was within him.

He slowly got off of Benjamin as I rushed towards the two men. Adleine stood behind me in shock as I lifted Benjams head in my lap.

I loved him as a friend would love another, although never true love was in the cards for me and Ben.

Jamie and a few men carried Benjamin to the infirmary where his mother waited.

As Adeline and I walked close behind the men I noticed Benjamins blood falling onto the white roses near the door to the castle.

Lady Trinity was ready for us once we rushed him into the doors of the infirmary. They made us stay outside as we waited to hear if he was going to make it.

"Is he going to make it mommy?" She asked while looking up at me.

"I don't know darling." I said as I looked at Jamie standing near a window overlooking the garden.

"I best leave you two here. I don't want to have to deal with the King." Jamie said as he began to walk out the door.

Adeline sprung to her feet from the chair we had been sitting in. "Thank you for saving my mommy." She said as he nodded and walked out of the infirmary.

"Do you love Ben?" Adline asked as she sat back down in my lap.

I let a deep breath escape from my lungs to help me explain to my little girl what I was feeling. In a way she would understand.

"Adeline I do love Benjamin. Although it isn't in a way that I love Jamie. I love Ben as a friend that is all." I admitted as a nurse came towards me.

"Lady Rose, one of the guards informed me that you hit your head on a rock." She said as she examined my head.

Moments later she cleaned the wound and told me she would send some to inform us when Benjamin awakes.

"He will live." Adline said as we walked back to our chambers.

Adeline and I thought it would be best if we stayed in our chamber for the rest of the day. To avoid being questioned about all that happened.

4 hours later

Adeline and I had calmed down after the nurse told us that he would be resting for a while. We decided it would be best to visit him in the morning. Due to the crowd outside our door.

I was in her room when I heard a noise coming from my bedroom. I glanced up to see Adeline in tears.

"I don't want to see that monster." she said calmly, wiping her tears and picking up her doll.

I nodded and walked into my room as I closed her door. Indeed she was correct.

Jamie sat on a chair near my bed looking out the window. However once he heard the door shut to Adelines room he looked up.

"She doesn't want to see you." I said as I picked up one of her toys she left on the floor near my bed.

"I understand." He said as he got up out of the seat and began to walk towards the secret hallway.

My inner wolf began screaming at me not to let him leave. "Stop!" I shouted as I ran and grabbed his arm.

"I don't believe you are a monster." I finally said after a few moments.

I could tell he was happy to hear my words. Although I could see the pain in his eyes of his daughter's rejection.

Then he calmly kissed the top of my head and walked out the room.

I sat down with a Adelines toy in my hands as I slouched down to the floor. I let a whimper out.

However, I quickly wiped my tears as Adeline stepped out of her room.