Golden Festival

Today was the beginning of the gold moon festival. Kristan woke me up as the sun started to peek over the mountain.

"Come on Charlotte, there is much to do." She said while ripping my sheets off from my body.

The cold air sounded my warm body, sending chills up my spine. I wobbled out of bed and started to make my way towards my bathroom. After I was done freshening up I went into the closet.

She helped me into a simple elegant lavender dress. " I believe this will be good to wear for the festival today." she said while tightening my corset.

"Indeed, but if you keep pulling I shall be dead before I even get to experience it." I said while trying to catch my breath.

"You shall be fine. Now I believe you are done." She said as she placed a small crown on top of my head. I quickly made my way out my doors to find Harper and David.

"You are back in your normal attire!" I heard Harper yell across the large hallway. I laughed when all of the crowd's eyes fell upon me.

I quickly made my way to her and grabbed her arm as I threaded it through mine. "Shall we be off to find our true mates?" I said as we began to make our way into the garden, where the festivities are being held.

We walked around the venue until we found the tents that the shops had set up. "There you are." David said as he made his way towards the tent we were stopped at.

"Oh I believe this would look vantastic on you my dear." He said while placing a piece of fabric on my shoulder. I laughed and pushed him away as we made our way down the rows of tents.

Music was playing with the sound of laughing from the crowd. It was a good day in the kingdom. Everyone was excited for the moon to appear in the sky above. I too was eager to find my mate.

The later the day got the more the crowd started to grow at the castle. Royals from all over began to arrive for the festival.

Mainly for the Golden Moon Ball, which was to be held tonight.

"Oh!.... Charlotte!" I heard a french lady yelling my name, across the crowd. "Madam L'Amaury." I said once she made her way to where I stood.

"Your...... Grace....." She said in a breathless manner. After she caught her breath she began to speak once more.

"You must come. We have to start getting you ready for the ball."

She said while pulling my arm. We made our way through the crowds as Harper followed.

Once we arrived I was greeted with my mother and Kristain waiting for my arrival.

"Come child, let's get you ready." Kristan said while helping me to a seat. I was quickly surrounded by different people helping me get ready.

Once they were done making sure I looked breathtakingly beautiful, Madam L'Amaury pulled me behind some curtains as she helped me into the dress.

"stunning ." She said as she pulled back the curtains for the rest of the ladies in the room to see.

Everyone began to speak at once and I barely could understand them.

However my mother walked up to me and gave me a gentle hug, making sure to not mess up the work of the ladies.

"You look beautiful my darling." She said as she helped me down towards a mirror so I could see what everyone was talking about.

I was immediately taken back by how stunning I looked. The dress made me look like a goddess. I was still taking in my appearance when a guard barged into the room.

"My queen, it is time." He said as he made his way towards my mother.