Star Light

After the preparations were done, Harper and I made our way back to my chambers to be able to change for the dance.

I was at peace knowing that Jamie was my true mate. However I wasn't ready to tell my father yet, so I would pretend to not have found my mate.

Once Harper and I made our way into the garden for the star light dance I noticed a lot more royals in the crowd.

"Look at how many people will be here for my ceremony tomorrow." I said while gripping her arm tighter.

"You will be fine. Now let's get a drink to start off the night. Plus everyone here is wearing a mask." She said while leading me to the bar. "I thought we should worry about finding our mates and not drinking?" I asked while she rolled her eyes.

A tall handsome gentleman wearing a silver masquerade mask walked up to her and asked to dance. She giggled as he tore her away from my grip. I was scanning the crowd for Jamie however I couldn't find him anywhere.

I could scene he was close but my eyes couldn't point exactly where he was. I was pulled from my thoughts as a man started to speak beside me.

"Why would a pretty thing like yourself not be on the dance floor?" He asked.

I quickly turned to find that he was wearing a black mask that I could see through.

I remembered his face from somewhere, but I couldn't point where. He was an older gentlemen with a royal suit on. I assumed he was one of the many Kings that was here for my coronation.

"I need a little encouragement before I make my way out there with the rest of the crowd." I said while sipping on my glass of wine.

"May I ask you to join me." He said as he gripped my hand and started pulling me on to the dance. Instantly I felt a chill run down my body towards my bones.

Something about this man screamed danger. I felt sick as he placed his arm around my hip and started to dance. I decided to shake off the weird overwhelming feeling.

"How rude of me. I am King Franklin Scollfyd." He said while spinning me around.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, your grace. I am Charlotte Williams, future queen of this kingdom." I said.

"Oh yes, your coronation is tomorrow." He said as the music began to soften.

"Shall I see you there in the crowd?" I asked as he began to smirk.

"I am sorry to say I shall be heading back to my own kidman tonight. However I hear that it shall be quite an eventful day." He said

At his words my heart sank. I couldn't quite figure out the meaning behind them.

Before I could ask what he meant Jamie took my arm and led me far away from the crowd.

As he led me farther into the thick maze, I couldn't help but look up at the stars. I started to wonder what my true destiny could be.

However I was pulled from my thoughts as Jamie sat me down onto a bench.

"Did he hurt you?" He asked while placing his hand all over my body. I believed he was looking for any type of wounds.

"Mmmmmmm." I said as his hands sent my body into a deep pit of desire. However it was short lived.

"Please Charlotte, I must know did he hurt you?" His tone was harsh as he pulled away from me.

It almost seemed as if he was frightened by my encounter with Lord Franklin.

"No." I said while grabbing his hand. "What bothers you?" I asked while caressing his tender face. "Nothing."

He said as he pulled away from my touch. He started to walk further out of the garden when I yelled.

"I can not believe I have fallen for a man like you." I spate while following him. He quickly turned and started to speak in a calm manner. "What do you mean "like me". He said while making his way back to me.

"One moment you seem to be in love with me, showing me love and compassion. Then the next you are stone cold." I said while I threw my hands up and started to walked even closer towards him.

"If I am to love you, then I demand to know everything about you. Because that is what love is. It is to know about all the good and bad." I said while he stood there in shock.

"Say something, please." I begged him. After a few moments he embraced me in a hug while kissing me endlessly.

"I do love you, please let's go inside and I will tell you everything." He said while placing his arm on my own.