Can I have this dance?

The large golden doors opened up to showcase a stunning ballroom. Women in elegant gowns danced across the floor while handsome men swept them across the dance floor.

"Breath. Is this your first time attending a ball?" The King asked.

"No but I have never felt so nude in my entire life. This dress shows off my body in a way I have never let anyone else see, except my lady's maids."

He laughed as he walked us further into the doors, while giving a slight nod to the guard that would announce our names.

"You will be fine, I promise. If you feel like you're going to faint just lean on me. I will catch you."

His words calmed my soul in a way I didnt expert. Earlier I wanted to kill this man for talking badly about my family. Now I want to thank him for his generosity.

"The King of the Blood Moon pack and The Future Queen of the Crescent Pack!"

The guard shouted to let it be known that we had arrived. Thankfully their eyes went on to the kings.

However they turned towards me as we started to make our way down the long stairs that led to the crowd of people.

"Breath, I got you." He said as I started breathing faster. "You must look confident and brave."

At his words I straightened my posture and embraced my body. I walked with pride as we made our way down the stairs.

Once we were down there I spotted Luke. I made my way towards him letting go of the King's arm.

"Damn!" Luke said as I became in view. I smiled then walked closer towards him to be able to talk.

"Thank you. Where is Jamie?" I asked while scanning the rest of the room.

"Oh you have given him a nickname." He stated as my eyes fell upon Jamie. He was standing by a punch bowl with a girl. His arms were holding her as she kissed him.

Luke must have found him the same time I did. Because once I was making my way towards the bar area of the ball room he quickly followed.

"Charlotte, please slow down." Luke shouted while keeping up with my quick pace.

Once I made it to the bar I grabbed the jug of whatever it was the Kitchen staff had in hand. I gulped it down then whipped my lips.

As I turned around I saw Jamie standing there by Luke, both men were in a state of shock at my manners.

"Boys please don't stare too hard. I am still saving myself for my true mate." I said while rolling my eyes at Jamie.

"Please Charlotte, it's not what you think." Jamie said as he walked towards me. "Please can I have a dance to explain everything."

"No! I believe I would like to dance with Luke tonight." I said as I pushed past him and grabbed Luke's hand.

"You should hear him out." Luke said as he placed his hands on my upper back. I could see Jamie was staring at the two of us, so I placed Lukes hands a little lower towards my hips.

"Are you trying to get me killed by James?" He asked as he whispered in my ears. "I know I let my emotions get the better of me. However I couldn't stand there as Jamie's lips were upon another woman."

I said while slowly letting go of Luke. He bowed down and met my gaze once more. "It was a pleasure to be able to dance with such a powerful and sexy women." He said with a wink as he started to turn away.

"However, the woman you saw has been drunk for an hour. James was helping her to a seat, when she placed a kiss on his lips. He quickly pushed her off of him and threw her to the ground."

He said then left my side. I could see Jamie making his way towards me, but I knew my emotions were not ready to deal with him. Even if what Luke spoke of was true.

I quickly ran up the stairs not even glancing back to see if Jamie had followed. I made my way towards my room. "Stop! Charlotte, Stop!"

I heard him scream repeatedly as I ran faster towards my chambers