Never to return

After making it to my chambers I placed my bag on my bed as Ben walked Adeline into her room and began to rock her.

"I am going to take a bath." I said while leaning my head into the room to find Adeline sound asleep.

"I shall stay here until you return then." He said while looking up at me then his eyes returned to Adeline. I am glad that She has him to help her as she grows up.

I said to myself as I walked into the bathroom. Then I poured myself a bath and took off my dress I had worn for the journey back to the palace.

After I was done I walked back into my chambers and changed. I found Ben placing Adeline  in a basenet beside my bed.

"Thank you." I whispered as I crawled into bed. "I am very pleased you are home." He said while placing a kiss upon my head and left my chambers.

I quietly picked up my bag and removed the small box. I opened the lid and found the third letter. I broke the seal and began to read.

                         *********
Third Letter

Dear Charlotte,
I am sorry I haven't written to you in a while. I have been quite busy trying to handle matters as my father has gotten worse. Everyday he seems to be losing another part of himself.

The latest news I heard from his doctor is that he might not make it to the end of the month. My counsel has been running around like mice trying to get everything ready.

My corenation is in a few weeks, however I wish you were here. I can not wait for you to be in my arms once more. I have found myself tossing and turning every night scene I last left you. I love you-Jamie

                          *******
The last letter

Dear Charlotte,
It has been exactly half of a year since the last you have heard from me. I have become King. We had a lovely ceremony for my father. However that is not the meaning behind this letter.

Somehting has happend since the last letter I sent you. When the full moon arrears in the sky I am transformed into a beast. I kill any and everything in sight that has a heart beat.

I can't control it. I have kept this a secret from everyone at court. This curse has happened scene my father passed.

However before he passed he told me long ago a witch had placed a curse upon the men in this family. That when their father dies that they shall turn into a horrible beast every full moon.

It kills me to have to write these words down for your eyes to look upon. However it must be done. I am never going to return to you.

I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I hurt you in any way. So I am going to stop sending letters and forget that I had ever met you.

I hope you do the same wherever you are. I King James reject you.