Just a dream

Charlotte's POV

Once Jamie stepped out of my door I felt as if my heart had just been ripped out one more time. I couldn't explain this feeling other than hurt.

I should have chased after him. I said to myself while blowing out the candles.

"Why didn't you?" My wolf said.

"I don't know. My old self would have jumped on top of him the moment he entered the room. However I am much more grown now. I have to make rational decisions. I don't want him to wake up and leave us alone again."

I said as I pulled off my dress and threw on a night gown. It was a silk fabric that showed a lot of my body off. However I wouldn't be showing anything off to anyone tonight.

I let out a sigh as I began to blow out different candles around my room. Then I began to make my way towards the kitchen.

I was rinsing out the dishes I heard a noise at my door. I brushed off my hands on my silk nightgown and made my way towards my door. 

I quickly peered out my window hoping I would see who was at my door. Although I couldnt seem to make out the figure. I slowly began to open the door.

"May I come in." Jamie Whispered as he held on to a sleeping Adeline. "Yes, of course." I said while gesturing for him to come in.

I walked over to my bed and pulled back the sheet so he could lay her down. "Shhhh." He said as he placed her down upon the bed. Then he padded the covers around her when she began to open her eyes.

"I had a bad dream mommy. I was in the dungeon with a lady that kept calling me Charlotte." She said in a tiered voice.

"Shhh, My darling, it was just a dream." I said while kissing her head.

"She also told me that I would meet my father. And I did." She said before closing her eyes and letting sleep cover her.

I took a few steps back then turned towards Jamie who had made his way into the study. I walked in and silently shut the door.

"I ran into her on my way back towards the palace." He said as I looked out the curtain. "What was she doing out here?" I asked While walking towards him.

"She said she had a really bad dream. She had left one of my shirts in her bedroom and went to retrieve it. Although it was locked, she thought it would be a great plan to travel to find you."

He said while pulling the curtain back and walking towards me. "Also the little one is quite smart." He said while sitting down on a couch and motioned me to sit beside him.

"What do you mean?" I was confused by his statement. "She figured out that I was her father. Just by my scent." He said as I sat down beside him.

"Indeed she is quite smart." I said, twisting my hair in my fingers. "Tell me, what is on your mind?" He asked while grabbing my hand to calm me.

"I don't want myself or Adeline for that matter, to get attached. Meaning if you're gonna leave us then please do it already." I blurted out.

As I stood up he followed and began to speak. "I just don't want to hurt you girls as I transform into a beast. Also I can tell I am not wanted any more tonight. So I shall be going."

My back was turned to him as he opened the door to leave. "I shall be back tomorrow night, I promise." He said as he walked out of the study then made his way back to the palace.

I slowly walked into my room and found Adeline sound asleep with the shirt Jamie had worn snuggled tightly beside her.

"Mommy." Adleine said as I got into the bed. "Yes darling?"

"Don't run away this time from him." She said then again closed her eyes and snuggled closely to me.