Hide

I awoke from my deep slumber to find that I was now in my own bed. I was on my side facing the bay window.

The light of a new day was close upon us as I could see the sun start to peek over the mountains. I couldn't feel the warmth of Lord James any more against my skin.

"I believe he carried us into our chambers last night. Probably to avoid funny looks from curious maids once morning was upon us, and we walked back ourselves."

My inner wolf said as I started to roll on my other side. "Perhaps it was all a dream and we never got out of bed." I said, however I could still smell his scent lingering in the air so I knew it wasn't a dream.

Before I had a chance to let my eyes adjust to the darkness of my room a husky voice startled me.

" I brought you back here once you fell asleep in my room Charlotte." Lord James said as he leaned forwards from the chair he had pulled close to my bed.

"Thank you, but I can't wrap my head around why you are still in my chambers?" I said while now sitting up in my bed seeing feathers covering my bed.

"I wanted to make sure you didn't have a bad dream again." He said as he leaned closer to me picking up a feather.

"Now I can't wrap my head around how you have all the feathers from your pillows, lay scattered on your bed. "He said while he flicked the feather towards me in a playful manner.

"I believe my wolf decided to let her claws out last night when my nightmares occurred." I said as I smiled, I spoke most of the truth to him just not the part of me letting my powers out.

I started to get out of bed when he reached his hand out to help me down. I gracefully took it, when a loud knock sounded at my chamber door.

I quickly ran into my closet with James' hand in mine, as I pushed into a rack of my winter dresses. Hoping whoever was at the door wouldn't see him.

I fixed my nightgown and walked towards the door. I carefully opened it and to my surprise it was Kristan. "You're up early Charlotte, I was expecting I would have to wake you myself." She said as she walked in."

"I am, but why are you here before the sun is fully up." I said as she started to make her way into my closet. I held my breath hoping she would see James.

"I came here to make sure you're up and to get you ready to go get the girls. Remember?" She asked while picking out a dress for me to wear.

"Yes I do remember that conversation I had with my father last night." I said in a quick manner trying my best to make the conversation not last. Because I didn't want her to find James and start asking questions.

"Here take your nightgown off and I will help you into this dress." She said as she motioned me to come closer.

I could help but feel embarrassed at the fact that James is about to see more of me than ever before. And all I could do was walk forwards to Kristan.

Thankfully she got in the way so James barley would be able to see all of my nudity. Once the dress was placed on my body Kristan turned towards where James was hiding.

"You may come out now she is clothed." She said as she walked towards the rack. Then Lord James subbed out of the rack I placed him in moments ago.

"How did you know he was in there?" I asked as I crossed my arms. "Child I know your scent and the one I smell was half yours and someone else's. I assumed it was Lord James."

"Please don't tell mother or father about this incident. Nothing happens I promise." I said as I grabbed one of her hands.

"The princess is telling the truth. She had a bad dream and I stayed to make sure she was okay. I slept in the chair near her bedside." James said as he gestured towards the chair.

" I wouldn't tell a soul. Plus it isn't my business either, but if yall two are done. You both need to start making your way towards Lord Andrews chambers before you are late." She said as she picked up my night gown.