Drugged

Jamie's POV

Earlier that day.

I awoke to a woman's voice humming in my chambers. I jumped up to see who it could be.

When my eyes landed on Lady Katherin I rolled my eyes and got out of bed.

"Oh you're finally awake." She said as she held my hand and brought me into my sitting room. "Did you poison the food?"

I asked. I sat down and grabbed a few pieces of toast before gulping down some juice.

"Thank you. Now I reject you...." I began to say when the back of my throat felt like someone had poured wolfsbane down it.

"Oh dear! Are you alright?" Hse asked as she helped me stand back up.

"What was in that?" I asked, trying to focus on her. My vision seemed to become blurry as I saw double.

"I have no clue. My uncle told a kitchen maid to bring it here for us this morning. I arrived late last night so I snuck in to find you asleep.''

She said as she helped me towards the couch. "Perhaps I just need to lay down." I admitted as I felt darkness covering my body.

An Hour Later.

I awoke to the bright sunlight beaming down into my face with a cold rag on my forehead. "What is this?" I asked as I made Katherin jump.

"You're awake! I was begging to think I had to call for the nurse." She said as she calmed her breathing.

For some odd reason I felt the urge to kiss her. I slowly got up and walked over towards her.

I looked at her face and was disgusted that it wasn't Charlotte.

However before I knew what was happening I leaned in and began to kiss her passionately. I tried to resist with all my might. But I couldn't.

I felt as if I was stuck in a prison in my own body. I had no control of what came out of my mouth or my actions.

"Stop it, we have company." She said shyly as her cheeks burned a bright red.

I slowly turned to see Charlotte staring back at me with tears streaming down her cheeks.

However when I tried to speak nothing came out. Instead I just looked at her as I slammed the door in her face.

"She was at the castle. Why have you now chosen me over her?" She asked as she looked confused at my new found love for her.

"I love you." I said. I couldn't stop the words flying out of my mouth.

She ran towards me and kissed me passionately.

Then she broke apart and ran out of my chambers. "What the hell! Liam, why can't I control myself?" I asked my wolf.

However I heard nothing in response. I tried this multiple times before my seamstress came and helped me dress for the ball that was to be held later that night.

We arrived at the ball earlier than others attending. I helped a feww kitchen staff bring the food out as Kathrin gossipped with the rest of the lady's.

After I was finished I was drawn to Katherins side. I couldn't move myself from her the rest of the night.

I barely knew what was happening until I heard Ben's loud mouth.

Something is up with Charlotte. She seems as if she is about to faint.

I began having an inner battle with myself trying to pull away from Kathrin.

Then I heard Charlotte's sweet voice. "Yes." My heart pulled me out of the trance. However by the time it had happened she was running up the stairs with Adeline in her arms.

I began chasing after them as Adline screamed for her to stop running.

They took a few sharp turns and I lost them. I searched everywhere for them. Then I heard her scream.

"Daddy! Daddy! Help!" Adeline screamed.

I ran as fast as I could to find Charlotte on the ground with Adeline  crying over her body.

I gently picked her up into my arms as she began to lose consequences.

I told Adeline to hold on to my coat pocket as I carried her mother to her room.

Once we arrived I placed Charlotte down carefully onto the bed. "Adeline, go pack a bag. We can't stay here." I said as I ran into her mothers closet to do the same.

After we were done I began to pace around her bed waiting for her to awake. "What happened?" Laim said, making me jump.

"We were drugged. I will fill you in later. Can you try to reach out to her wolf? I can't carry her and Adeline. I need her to be aware of what is happening." I told my wolf.

Within seconds I heard Charlotte gasping for air. I quickly turned and ran to her side.

I grabbed her hands and began to calm her down.