Screaming

"Adeline, honey please calm down." I said while trying to rock her back to sleep.

I wanted to read those letters so badly, I began to pray in my head that Trinity wouldn't wake from the loud noise.

However after a few moments of screaming she was wide awake. Even Jamie's shirts were not helping at all. Trinity and I tried everything we could for hours, but nothing worked.

*Quite- Screaming has stopped.*

"She is finally asleep." I said in a tired voice. It was almost daylight outside and I was dreading every man on the ride back to the palace.

"You should get some rest." Trinity said while placing her head on a pillow near the window of the carriage.

"Indeed. If Adeline continues this I am afraid we both will go insane." I said as she smiled and nodded her head.

Then she placed it back down on the pillow and closed the window shades. Hoping that if sunlight doesn't come through, Adeline would sleep.

I was egare to pull out the letters, but I was so tired from dealing with the baby that I decide it would be best for me to sleep.

I slowly laid my head back against the seat and watched to see if I woke her up.

Thankfully she didn't even move a muscle. I let out a small breath before I let sleep cover every inch of my body.

******
3 horrible days later

"We are almost here, my lady's." The driver said as he leaned back towards the window that faced him.

"Thank you Lord. I love this child so much. However, Rose it seems the closer we have gotten to the palace the louder her screams have become."

Trinity said as I nodded and began to calm Adeline down. "Perhaps we can hand it to Benjamin. He always knows how to calm her down." I said while forcing a smile on my face.

The driver stopped the carriage once we were in front of one of the entrances to the palace.

Trinity soon left my side, I couldn't blame her. We have been dealing with a crying baby for 3 days in a row.

I started to make my way down the large hallways towards my chambers When I heard a Benjamin's voice behind me.

"Rose your home!" He said in excitement as he ran over towards where Adeline and I stood.

"Your back." I said as he embraced the two of us in a hug. "I heard you two have gone on a trip." He said while making silly faces at Adeline. I was thankful she had stopped crying and started to laugh.

"Come here." He said while taking Adeline out of my arms. I immediately stretched my arms out. I couldn't even remember a time when I didn't have Adeline locked in my arms.

We made our way down the halls towards my chambers when Ben started to speak. "Oh my little one, what did they feed you. I believe you are a few pounds bigger than the last time I saw you."

He said while lifting her up in the air that made her giggle. "She had her first real food on our trip. We found that she loves mashed anything." I said while placing a kiss on Adelines head.

"What did you two do when you were gone?" He asked as his eyebrow lifted. Adeline thought he was making a silly face and began to laugh.

"I took her to the beach and around the garden. She loved it there, perhaps one day we can plan a trip out there together" I said.