Moments

Jamie held tight to my arm as we made our way out of the maze. We made it halfway past the crowd when I heard my mothers voice.

"Charlotte please come." She said as she gestured towards her side. I glazed up at Jamie as he let go of my arm. Then started to wiper into my ear.

"I will find you later." I was taken back by how he would let this moment slip from his grip, so easily. However he slipped away into the crowd before I could speak.

I slowly turned towards my mother as she began to speak. "Let's go for a walk in the garden." She said as she took my arm and led me towards a gazebo. 

"What did you want to discuss?" I asked while we walked, glancing behind to see if Jamie was close by.

"I wanted to have one last moment with you before tomorrow. We shall sit here." She stated as we made our way into the gazebo and sat down on a bench.

"What do you mean our last moment?" I asked while embracing one of her hands on my own. SHe looked away towards the crowd we left behind. I could still hear the musicians playing. However, that didn't seem to bother her.

"In your life there will be moments that you must not take for granted." She said while looking away and I could see a single tear fall down from her cheek.

"Mother, why do you speak of this?" I asked my mother. "Do you remember when you and Harper painted some of the white flowers different colors?"

She asked, ignoring my question. "Yes, but why do you speak of this?" I asked as she slowly turned towards me and let a beautiful laugh slip through her lips. While she remembered the moment.

"I wanted to remind you of your childhood. Before you are ripped away from it." She said as she turned away from me once more.

"Mother, you're talking in riddles. I don't understand." I said while making her face me.

"Tommorow shall be the turning point in your life. I remember when I was introduced  to the kingdom as their new Queen. I was terrified." She said.

"Is this why you wanted to speak to me?" I asked, to see if I was understanding her riddles.

"Exactly my dear. I wanted to calm your nerves before tomorrow." She said as she started to stand up. I quickly followed as she made her way out of the garden.

"Do you see Lady Cora?" She asked while masking her lips for me to see. "Yes." I said while glancing back at the blonde hair women.

"She was supposed to be the queen. Everyone in the kingdom loved her. Before your father found me he was set to marry her." She said as she smiled as we passed Cora. Then we made our way towards the entrance.

" Mother, you are beloved by the kingdom. Why would you think they hate you?" I asked as we made our way past the guards.

"My dear, I know they do. However it took me some time to earn their trust. I speak all of this to you, because one day you too might have to earn their trust." She said as we passed some ladys in the hallway.

"I have the kingdom's trust." I stated as I gave the ladys a gentle smile and nod before my gaze returned towards my mother.

"I know dear, however anything can happen. You must be prepared to handle anything thrown at you. If you are to survive this world." She said

I was quite confused by what she spoke of. "My love, I can see you are quite confused. Let me leave you at this. Just know everything I spoke of will come to pass. You might not know it now, but one day you will."

She said while placing a simple kiss on my head then placed my arm upon her own. We walked in silence as we made our way towards my chambers.

"Now you must get some rest before your big day." She said while embracing me into a large hug. Then I opened my bedroom door.