Spy

I was lost in my thoughts when I heard a slight knock on the door. "You may enter." I said, forgetting that I was no longer a Queen.

"I believe you will fit in quite nicely at the palace." He said as he made his way into the room and grabbed a bag out from the closet. I watched him for a short time before I walked into the bathroom and began to get ready.

I walked out to find he had made the bed and laid out a dress for me to wear. I made sure the door was shut completely before letting my towel fall to the ground.

After getting ready I started to make my way out of the room as Ben was holding some bread for me to eat. "I believe before we take off, you should at least have something in your system."

I ate the bread and we waited a few moments before walking out of the cabin. "Am I meant to ride with you?" I asked while looking around for my horse.

"I hope you don't mind. I searched for your horse once I got you back here. Although I couldn't find it anywhere." He said as he helped me up onto his horse.

"How long will the journey be?" I asked while he got onto the large dark brown horse. "A couple of hours. We shall stop in an hour to give your legs some rest."

I wrapped my arms around his waist as he hit the horse with the heel of his foot and we were off. The winter cold burned my face as we rode. We barely talked until we stopped to have a rest.

I was grateful so I could continue my thoughts on what was going on with my body. "Here, lend me your hand." He said as he hopped off the horse and reached his hand towards me.

I took his hand into my own and let his hands grip my waist as he helped me down towards the ground.

"I hate that we would barely see much of each other at the palace. Due to the fact you are a prince and I am a lady." I said as I dusted off a log that was covered in snow.

"You would like to see more of me?" He asked with a smirk on his lips.

"You are the first person I have met on my journey to your kingdom. Of course I would like to see you more." I said while quickly looking away from him.

"Do you draw?" I asked while pointing to the sketch book hanging out of his bag. "Yes, a little." He said while looking in the distance.

I quickly got up and grabbed the book before he could reach me. As my hands wrapped around the spin of the book he was at my back reaching for it. "Please don't". He said as I went to open the book.

I started to flip through it and the beginning images were a beautiful landscape near a rocky cliff looking over the sea.

Then I saw images of the safe house and other things that happened a few months before I decided to run away.

The last image was of myself riding away from the safe house.

I was stunned and dropped the book on the snow as I slowly turned towards Benjamin.

"How long have you been watching me?" I asked as tears started to fall from his eyes.

"Please listen to me first before you say anything else." He said while gesturing towards the log I had been sitting on.

After I was seated he began to speak once more.

"My father wants your family line dead. And he sent me and a few of my men to kill you. However during your coronation I was there with one other man waiting for the perfect time to give the signal." He paused and remembered that horrible day.

"You are the one that gave the signal to start that bloody battle!" I spat.

"No. I couldn't." He said as he cupped my face into his hands like Jamie used to do when my emotions would get out of hand.

I shook that feeling away to hear more of what Benjamin had to say.

"I could not give the signal. I told my men to stand down. However they did not listen to me. I wish I could have stopped them, but by the time I saw my man behind your father I knew I didn't have time." He said.

"Tell me this, why have you followed me then?" I asked while removing his hands away from my face.

"I was the one in the shadows, that made sure if any of my men got close to your safe house that they would turn back around. Or I would send them in another direction."

He said as he pleaded with me to believe him.

"You could have led them to me and killed me. Then you would have had your fathers blessing to become king. Why didn't you?" I asked while standing to my feet."

"I am nothing like my father. I will not destroy other people for a title. I would rather be titleless than become a monster like him." He said while looking in the distance.

"I believe you're saying that you will help me get revenge?" I asked while walking closer towards him.

"Indeed, My father has ruled way too long. It's time for a true king to rule over this kingdom. However, how do you suppose we do that?"

I started to pace around the snow, trying to think of a plan that would work. Then my wolf thought of a perfect plan.

"Suppose you killed the queen and took one of her lady's. That is how I fit into it." I said out loud repeating what my wolf had said moments ago.

"That could work." He said while picking up the sketchbook I had thrown on to the ground. Then looked back at me.

"We should be off." He said while gesturing towards the large horse. After we were both on the horse we were off towards my new destiny.