Secret

I felt in my heart I could trust Jamie with my secret, but my mind was telling me to be careful. " Do you remember the night you brought me back into my room and feathers were scattered around the floor?"

I asked while I twisted a piece of my dress in my fingers, trying to relieve my anxiety. "Yes, what about it?" He asked while gazing upon my delicate face.

"I don't know what will happen to me. But when my emotions get the better of me and I hold my wolf back. It's as if another power within me starts to show. And the only way to keep it at bay is by calming myself down."

I said while twisting the fabric of my dress hard around my finger to the point of numbness started to take over my delicate fingers. I quickly let go as Jamie sat closer to me.

He lifted my chin and placed a slight kiss upon my lips. I hadn't realized I started to cry. Until he wiped a tear away from my eyes. His stone cold face calmed and I could see a smile forming upon his lips.

"Thank you for telling me the truth. You don't have to tell me anymore if you don't want to." He said while placing a piece of my hair behind my ears.

I smiled then started to speak. "Perhaps I am a witch." I said laughing
"You might be." He said while reaching past me to grab a strawberry.

" I am kidding Jamie, you and I both know that witches were killed off years ago. That is one of the history lessons they teach you in school." I said while nudging his shoulder.

He smiled and let a laugh slip through his delicate lips. I wanted to capture that moment forever because I have never heard such a beautiful sound in my life.

"So you never know, maybe they missed one." He said while pulling me closer towards him, that my hip was on top of his leg.

I laughed at his statement and buried my head into his chest. He placed his arms tightly around mine embracing me in a warm hug. " If you are a witch, I am glad that you are my witch."

He said while playing with my hair. "Oh I forgot to mention, my father has planned a ball for us to attend tonight." He said while lifting my chin up.

"I don't think it is best for me to be around him, at the current moment." I said while pushing away from him.

He wasn't about to let me slip away, so he pulled me against his shirt and held my chin up.

"My father can be an ass, trust me I know that first hand. However, he should be sober and I will make him apologize for his behavior."

He slowly kissed my lips trying to enchant me into saying yes. His effort worked. "I will go but let him say one bad thing about my parents I will cut his throat with a butter knife." I said while giving him a smile.

"I didn't realize how scary my little witch is." He said while helping me stand up. " Now let's get ready for this shit show shall we." I said while holding my arm out for him to take.

He smiled and let out another laugh then we were off towards his chambers.