Dreams

I silently got in the charge, refusing the help of Jamie. I sat beside Adeline. Jamie looked confused at my action, however he never questioned it.

3 days had passed by with little talk from me and Jamie. Adeline was the main reason I would even mention a word to him on our journey.

It was during the night when Jamie broke the silence as Adeline slept peacefully near him.

"It has been days since you have spoken to me. Did I do something wrong?" He asked as if he was clueless on what I had learned about his soon to be marriage.

"Perhaps you may want to ask your fiance." I spat in a hushed tone so I didn't wake Adeline.

"The council wanted me to find a wife to put her as Queen. I had fought them for years over the matter. However, I finally gave in. I would have never given up if I knew I would find you." He admitted.

I looked into his eyes and I saw he was telling the truth however I was still hurt that he would just give up after 4 years.

"Ben has asked me several times and I have denied him. Because I love you." I said as I looked up at the stars in the night sky.

He went silent after that, I knew what I had said hurt him badly. Although it was the truth. I had found an old spell in my mothers books on magic on how to enter someone's dream or vision.

I would say the spell in my head before I fell asleep every night in the carriage. Hopping I would be able to see if Adeline was having visions or crazy dreams.

However every night came and went without a single thing. Until the third night of our journey....
Dream

We were in a field of flowers, the sun from the warm summer day was beaming down on us. She ran and spun around singing and dancing. I felt as if this was her happy place when she was scared.

"Dance with me mommy." She said as she ran into my arms.

I picked her up and we began to dance. However the sun faded away into darkness. I slowly put her down as she looked frightened.

"Mommy." She said while looking up at me. I began looking around but all I could see was darkness.

Then in the distance we saw a large door begin to open and light was shining through it. We made our way towards it carefully.

"Stay behind me." I demanded as she held onto my arm. We walked into the bright light and I could see the chapel where my corenation was held.

It started to me that she would be dreaming of this because she has never been to this chapel in her life. I began to look around at the empty seats wondering what was about to happen.

I heard a loud cheer and turned around with Adeline now in my arms to find My father walking me down the long aisle.

"No....No.....No..." I kept repeating in a whispered tone as they passed by us as if they hadn't seen us. I watched as people began to appear in the seats and cheer watching their future queen being crowned. 

"Mommy, that's the woman in the cell." She said as she pointed to the front row where my mother sat.

Tears began to roll down my eyes as I began to remember everything I was feeling during that day.

I looked up to see the man about to cut my fathers throat when I screamed. "Adeline, close your eyes." She did as I said when I saw my fathers throat gush of blood. Then he fell towards the ground.

I put Adeline down and ran towards my father. I saw his lifeless eyes staring up at my mother who was in tears.

"Grab Adeline and run!" My mother screamed at me as if she was talking directly to me. I knew that was not a part of my memory. I quickly turned to find A Line curled in a ball crying and screaming.

As I picked her up in my arms, glass began to break all around us. And all I could do was place my body over her and take the impact of the glass shades. I was surprised when I began to feel pain.

Normal dreams weren't like this at all. What type of spell have I been casting on my child I wondered as I held on to Adleine and bolted towards the doors of the chapel......
                       *********

I awoke to hear the screams of my child and opened my eyes while gasping for air. I still felt pain in my back, but I was more concerned about Adeline.

"I didn't mean to. I am sorry." I repeated to her as she held on to Jamie refusing to look at me.

"What did you do?" Jamie said in a deep and sinister voice that sent chills down my spine.