Breathe

As the words left Ben's mouth my heart felt as if it had stopped. The room I was in began to move in slow motion.

Inaninstant my mouth went dry as my lungs begged me to take a breath.

I looked over and saw the king weaving his glass in the air as he smiled towards us.

However Jamie's face looked as if he was having an inner battle with himself. I turned my attention back towards Ben.

I wanted to scream and run far away from all my problems. "Adeline!" My wolf screamed as I saw the two men moving the knife closer to her neck.

"Yes! My answer is yes!" I let out as I had trouble breathing. He wrapped me in his arms and kissed me.

I quickly parted my lips from his when I saw Adeline running towards me. I lifted her in my arms and handed her to Ben.

"I need air." I began pleading as the room began to spin faster around me.

"Congratulations." I heard others say. "Thank you, excuse me." I said as I held on to Adeline in my arms.

After making it out of the ball room my head became fuzzy. I searched for the exit doors towards the garden.

In the state of mind I was in it took me a little longer than normal. However I finally pushed them open and took off.

"Mommy! You're scaring me." My daughter stated as I ran deeper into the large garden.

"I know hunny. I just need some air. " I pleaded as I began to become desperate for air. I placed it near a tall tree near a gazebo that was covered in flowers.

I placed her down as my claws extended and I began to rip at my dress to expose my corset. I pulled and ripped but my strength from running was fading.

"Adeline hunny...." I began to say before I felt my body give way. I felt a hard wooden floor of the gazebo under my head as I hit.

My entire life flashed before my eyes. Every moment of joy, sorrow, pain, peace. I felt like I was done for as my vision started to blur.

I could still hear the sound of my daughter's pleas for God to save her mommy.

However I couldn't move a muscle. I felt paralized in fear of the king taking my daughter away.

I wanted to fight. I needed to, although I couldn't. My body had given up on me in the worst time possible.

The last thing I heard before everything started to fade into darkness was Adeline's voice.

"Daddy! Daddy! Help!" She shouted repeatedly.

I felt a warm body lift me up into the havens leaving tiny sparks at the touch of his fingers.

I felt like I could finally give up on this fight. Then everything faded into total darkness.