Soup

"Shhh. It's just a rag."Lord Benjamin said as he rubbed a warm cloth upon my bruised ankle.

Then he gently placed it back down onto the bed and covered it up.

"Why are you taking such great care of me?" I asked while rolling over to see his face. He was wearing a plain white undershirt that was quite puffy and some navy blue pants.

He placed the rag down into the bowl of warm water and sat down in a chair beside my bed.

"My mother has always taught me to care for others. She is a nurse at the palace." He said.

"Oh yes I have heard that the queen wasn't able to have children so your mother took it upon herself to provide one." I said before thinking.

Since I was now a common lady I believed he was about to strike me at my words.

However he began to laugh. His smile made me forget about all of the troubles I have left behind at the safe house.

"So what brings you to my kingdom?" He asked after a few moments of laughter. "I wanted a new start." I said while twirling my hair and looking around the room I was placed in.

It was smaller than the inn Jamie and I stayed in a few months ago.

However it felt a lot more warm and cozy than the inn. Benjamins voice pulled me from my thoughts as he began to speak.

"I believe you should be healed in a few days." He said trying to make any sort of conversation. "That sounds lovely. However I am starving. Do you think you could fix me something to eat?" I asked hoping he would leave.

"I would be honored to. But it is quite rare to hear a lady ask this of a prince." He said as he laughed and shut the door.

I rested my head on my pillow and started to think of ways that I could gain the favor of the king.

"The Prince seems as if he likes us a lot. Perhaps we could use him." My inner wolf said.

"He is a good person, I would feel horrible if I used him." I said while rolling over to look at the snow falling from my window.

"The faster we can destroy his father the faster we can get back to our mate." I sat up and started to scold my wolf.

"I know all of this that you speak of. However I must be skilled at getting my revenge. It will take me months or years to be exempted at court. And then I will have to worry about the king." I said in my head so Benjamin didn't hear.

After a few moments Benjamin was back in the room with a bowl of soup. I sat up as he placed the bowl in front of me and I began to eat.

I was almost halfway done when I felt my stomach. It felt as if my stomach had dropped onto the floor.

I placed the soup down on the nightstand and threw the covers off of my body.

I wobbled my way into the bathroom and threw myself down towards the toilet.

As I was puking I felt a hand on my back. It didn't help much that the man I was supposed to use was watching me puck my guts up. However he didn't seem bothered at all.

Once I was done I leaned my head against his chest for any sort of relief.

He sat there for a few moments brushing my hair out of my face as I started to sob.

"Your body must still be healing from your journey and how hard you hit the ice." He said quietly.

"Or I am just pregnant!" I screamed as I pushed him off of me and started to make my way back to the bed.

"You are?" He asked as he followed softly behind me. "I am messing with you Ben." I said as I got back in the bed.

"I shall take you to my mother so she can have a look at you when we arrive at the palace."

He said while covering me up and making sure I was nice and warm. Then he smiled and closed the door.

"What if you are pregnant!" My wolf shouted as I was falling to sleep.

"We shall talk about this tomorrow. I am quite tired." I said as I rolled over to watch the snow fall outside the window.

All Through the night I couldn't get the thought of if I was indeed pregnant out of my mind. My inner wolf couldn't stop talking about it.

As the light of a new day started to cascade into my room I started to ask myself. "What if I am pregnant?"