Don't loose control

"Over my dead body father!" Jamie said as he pushed his father back into the rock.

"Calm down my son, this is protected by blood magic. Only Charlotte can open the rock." His father said in a calm voice.

I slowly made my way towards him and held out my hand. He pricked my index finger and placed it on the rock.

Before our very eyes the rock revealed a hole. It was an entry to a room.

Jamie's father walked in first as he gestured for us to follow. Jamie and I slowly followed behind him.

The room lit up as I walked in, the candles seemed to think I was a match.  One by one they lit up as I passed them.

"What is this place father?" Jamie said as he scanned the room. "This is Hazles.. I mean Queen Hazel's secret room. This is where you shall find all of her spell books and different things." The King said.

"So I am a witch?" I stated. "No my dear, you are a hybrid. Half wolf and half witch." He said calmly as he seated himself in a chair.

He leaned over and picked up a book from the shelf and motioned me towards him. 

Jamie was still in shock, as I slowly made my way towards the King. He stood up placing the open book on a table.

"The first thing a witch should learn is how to control nature." He said as he grabbed my hand, around the same time Jamie had made his way towards me. In an instance he was by my side holding on to my hip.

"Now I would like to see if you can do a simple spell without saying it out loud. This trick took your mother months to learn. However, something about you tells me you're special." He said while smiling and pointing towards the pages of the book.

"But I don't know what I am doing. My powers come out in a burst." I pleaded. "You got this",Jamie whispered in my ear.

"Exactly what my son said. Now read these words in your head. Then close your eyes and imagine what you just read happening. Before I forgot lets make our way out of here and into the forest. It's much safer there to practice."

He led us back out of the cave and into the light of day. Then I started to read the words and close my eyes.

It was a floating spell that could lift objects up using the wind as a guide. I imagined the leaves on the ground floating in the air.

"Okay, before I do this I would like you both to stand back." I said while motioning them to stand back. And on my command the two men took a few steps back.

I then closed my eyes once more and started to think of the spell in my head.

All at once the wind started to pick up. I felt as if I was in a tornado, then as it began the wind stopped.

I was too afraid to open my eyes until I felt a spark that only could come from Jamie.

"You have done it Charlotte, open your eyes." He said as I started to open my eyes.

The leaves were hovering in the air around me. I was stunted by the sight of this.

I could tell the King was too, Jamie had a look of pride that I was able to lift the leaves.

I felt the power with me wanting me to let go of the control. Just so it could show me all I could do. However I wasn't ready for all of that just yet.

I did a swift movement with my hand towards the leaves. And they came down all around me, some landing on top of my head.

"I didn't think you would be able to do this.... You're not supposed to be able to do this ...." The King said in a scared manner.