Fire and Death

"You killed my mate!" I screamed as I stood up and the sky began to thunder all around us.

"Careful my little witch. I would hate to have to kill you and have your daughter become my witch." He said.

I felt the anger and pain of losing my best friend/ mate boil to the surface. I looked towards Jamie and then back at the king.

"How dare you threaten my life." I spat as I pushed him backwards with my powers. I waited until he stood up before I spoke again.

"Then you killed my mother." I said throwed him backwards once more.

"You killed my mate and the father of my child." I screamed as I threw him once more as I followed.

"Then your last mistake was to threaten my daughter." I spat as I pulled him closer towards me.

"If I am to die by your hands then I will fight you with my bare hands." I whispered as I spat in his face.

He started to circle me as if I was an easy prey for him to take. However I was not going to let him off so easily.

I waited patiently as he threw himself towards me and I dodged his attack. However I didn't expect him to get up as fast as he did.

He quickly extended his claws and dug them into my leg as he drugged me towards him.

As blood began to seep from my leg I let out a whimper. "Don't tell me you're giving up just yet?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes and kicked his stomach until he too was spitting up blood.

After a few moments of us ripping at each other's skin he had his claws extend near my neck as he held me down into the dirt.

I began to see white as his grip around my neck tighten unti lI saw a figure walking towards me.

"You must fight for your daughters and your mate." I heard a voice say giving me the strength I needed to end this bloody war.

I dug my claws into his chest until I felt his heart. I gave him one last smile before ripping it out.

His grip loosened as I collapsed on the ground. I crawled towards Jamie and I placed a simple kiss upon his lips.

*Gasp.*

I heard a gasp escape his perfect lips causing everyone to jump at him seeming to come back to life.

However I had slipped my necklace into his packets to keep him safe.

In reality the spell I casted was to keep my child and my mate alive during battle, not me.

"Tell me this isn't your blood." Jamie mouthed and I laughed at seeing him come back to the world of the living.

We and the other wounded warriors were sent to the camp hospital to be treated and make sure everything would be okay.

I collapsed from weakness before we made it to the hospital. I awoke a day later to find I was in a tent with Jamie sitting in a chair near the bed.

He was faced away from me looking towards the tent entryway. I tried to focus on him until I realized what had happened during the war.

"What happened?" I tried to sit up but my stomach belt felt like I was missing something.

"My baby!" I screamed as I looked over at Jamie. He stood up and turned towards me with a small child in his arms.

"Meet Sophia Rose." He said as he placed the child in my arms. I smiled down at the small thing in my arms as he kissed my head.

"How did I give birth? I don't remember anything." I admitted looking up at him.

"All the stress you put on your body caused you to go into labor. I thought you were awake as you gave birth but you blacked out." He said.

I nodded and looked down at our perfect daughter. She was tinier than Adeline was. However still quite big for her age.

"The doctor said you were a lot farther along than he originally thought." He said as he kissed my lips passionately.

I nodded and told him to make sure we could go home before Adeline walked all the way here just to find us.

After the doctor gave us the okay to leave we headed back towards the castle.

It was a lot harder with a newborn infant. However Sophia was a lot less fussy than Adeline was when she was younger.

Once we arrived back at the castle everyone was pleased to see us. The court and Adeline were quite pleased when they saw our new family member.