Moments

At first she was hesitant about the waves coming towards us. Although she soon was enjoying every time they would come crashing towards us on the sand.

I took a moment to remember my mother telling me to enjoy the little moments in life.

As I held on to Adeline as she giggled I started to memorize this exact moment.

Once I started to see stars appear in the sky we made our way back up to the house. She fell asleep in my arms as she held onto Jamie's shirt.

I was taken back by her actions, "How could she know his scent?" I asked my wolf through our mind link.

"A mate bond is quite strong." She said as I began making my way into the house.

I slowly placed Adeline down on the bed and made way into my closet to change.

I walked over to Jamie's side to smell his scent. I placed one of his shirts on and walked quietly back into my chambers.

Then I pulled back the covers and fell asleep next to Adeline.

****
A week later

I showed Adeline my favorite spots on the grounds.

Everyday we were either at the beach playing in the water or out in the garden. I was starting to feel like my old self again.

However I was going to have to leave it behind. Because one I return I shall become a true woman at court. And put my child and my kingdom first.

After the maids helped us with our suitcases we headed to the stable.

I placed a few of Jamie's shirts in Adeline's suitcase to help her sleep at night. Lately that is the only thing that helps her sleep.

"Oh Rose. Here Adeline dropped this." I heard a maid say as she made her way towards us.

"Thank you, she loves the smell of these shirts." I said while handing it to Adleine.

I overheard some of the men talking about different towns nearby to gather supplies for our journey.

" There is a town just half a day's journey that has plenty of things we shall need."

I said as I walked up toward the men. "Thank you Lady Rose." One of the men said as he helped me into the carriage.

Then Trinity made her way into the large carriage and gave Adeline a small flower.

I placed Adeline on my lap as we started to take off. Once Adeline was asleep nuzzled in my breast I began to look out the window as trees flew by.

We finally made it to the town and Trinity decided to stay in the carriage.

However, I wanted to stretch my legs. Also I wanted to see if the older couple still owned the inn.

I stopped at a few little shops to let Adeline see all the different fabrics and toys. Then I started to make my way through the crowd towards the small inn.

I looked to make sure no one had followed me when I opened up the plain brown door. "We are full." I heard a woman's voice say when I started to make my way in.

She quickly placed down her paper she was reading and started to look at my body. "Now I believe I remember you from a year ago." She said as she walked around the corner to where I stood holding Aldeine.

"Oh and is this your daughter?" She asked while making faces to make Adeline laugh. However she was not in the mood for laughing and she was quite tired.

Once I calmed her down I began to talk to the lady. "Yes, I was stopping through and wanted to see if you and your husband still owned this place." I said while smiling as I slowly rocked Adeline.

"Well I am glad you did. Your husband sent a messenger with letters for you to grab. Let me go get them." She said while making her way around the counter."

"Letters?" I asked in a confused tone of voice. Trying to figure out if she indeed remembered me or if she was confused about who I was.

"Perhaps you're mistaken for someone else." I said as she lifted her head up with a small box in her hands.

"Are You Charlotte Rose?" She asked while Looking at me. I was taken back by my name being called out for the first time in a full year. People have been calling me Rose for a while now, I almost forgot my name.

"Yes." I said hesitantly. "Then these letters here in this box are for you my dear." She said while placing the box closer towards me.

As I placed the box in my bag I looked back at her. "Yes, your husband has sent a messenger here every month for half of a year. Although come to think of it." She said then paused and placed her hand on her head in thought.

"What. Come to think of what?" I asked as I moved closer towards her waiting for her response.

"It has been a few months since the last letter. I believe he must have written you one last letter about 3 months ago." She said.