Going to war

I waved goodbye to the men and women going to fight the battle as Adeline cried in my arms.

I held Adeline as I walked towards my chamber where Harper and Kristain were waiting.

"Come here." Harper said as she grabbed Adeline out of my arms.

"Don't cry my love, I will be back." I said as I cupped her little face in my hands.

Kristan brought out an outfit for me to wear on my journey. It was perfect for riding long distances while pregnant.

Once I was done getting dressed I kissed Adeline goodbye and headed to the stables to get a horse.

"My Queen! Your horse is all packed for your long journey ahead." A stable said once I was in view.

I carefully threw my leg over and grabbed the range as Kristan walked up to me to hand me a coat.

"Are you sure about riding alone in the forest?" Kristan asked as she looked at me.

I nodded and smiled as my horse took off. I rose fast to catch up with the warriors.

However I knew they would only stop at night and my baby needed to eat before then.

All that flashed in my mind was of the vision I had years ago. When the king stabbed Jamie in the heart.

I shook my head to be able to think straight and not think of those images.

Since I knew exactly where the battle would be I decided to go a different path than the others. Due to the fact I didn't want to reveal myself until the day of the battle.

I slowed my pass after a few horse rides and decided to check my surroundings to make camp for the night.

After I ate some dinner I curled up near my horse and fell into a deep slumber.

I awoke to a loud thunder in the distance. I gathered my belongings and threw my bag on my bag as I jumped on the horse.

I rode for a complete day in the rain until I found a perfect place to camp. I did this for a couple more days until I reached near where the camp was set up for the battle.

I stayed in the shadows until Jamie collected the men to give them a speech before battle.

"Okay boy, I believe it is time." I whispered to my horse and jumped on him.

I made sure my sword was in view as I stepped in view. My large coat covered my face so Jamie couldn't tell it was me.

"When shall we ride?" I screamed, causing Jamie to make note of the women like shadows making their way towards him.

"Make yourself known." He yelled back towards me. I lifted my hood off and he seemed to have seen a ghost.

"I would never let my people go into battle without me by their side." I screamed, making the warriors scream my name and bow towards me.

I jumped off my horse as a man came up and helped me off.

"Like King James has told you. We must not act like we have won. Instead we must act like we are about to lose and go full force. We have trained you to become the best. We go into battle today for our family and friends. But more important for our kingdom!"

I shouted and grabbed my horse before riding towards Jamie. He gave me a disapproving look.

However he knew I wouldn't give up on my people in their time of need.

We took off into the forest once the warriors were suited up and rode towards where the battle was to be held.

"Why did you disobey me?" Jamie asked in a deep husky tone.

"You know, I would never let my people go into battle without me. Plus I have a protection spell on me and the baby. We will be fine."

I said as I rubbed my belly with one of my hands as the other was on the ranes.

"Halt." Jamie whispered as he held his hand up causing us to stop.

I began to look around to make sure we weren't about to be ambushed when I saw some men coming out of the thick bush beside the road.

I hit my foot against my horse and took off far from where the scene was happening and looked out of other ambushes that might occur.

Once I saw nothing to concerning I rode back towards the group and found a blood bath.

Some of my men were dead as King Franklins. I was stunned as Jamie made his way towards me on foot with blood covering him.

I jumped off my horse and ran towards him and embraced him in my arms.

"Calm down. It's not my blood." He whispered in my ear, making me sigh in relief.

"I must get you out of here." He said as he helped me onto my horse.

"I can't leave my people!" I screamed as he slapped my horse to go towards the camp.

I quickly decided to hide in the shadows as the battle bagan and waited for the perfect time to attract.

A few armed warriors tried to overtake me. However I was quicker and killed them with a sword.

By the time I had killed the last of the stray warriors near me I looked for Jamie on the battlefield.

I could spot him anywhere except a few of my men standing around in a half circle.

My heart dropped in my stomach as I knew what had happened.  I hit my horse with force and propelled through the dirt until I made it near the men.

My heart was in my mouth as I slowed my horse to be able to jump down.

"My queen! Don't come over here." I heard one of the warriors scream. However I drowned them out as I pushed passed them towards Jamie.

They moved one and they saw the fire in my eyes. As they moved I began to see Jamie lying in a pull of blood.

"No!!!" I screamed as I fell towards the ground near his limp body. I held his head in my arms as I began to rock and cry out to God.

"Calm down." I heard a familiar voice say. I slowly looked up to see King Franklin in his full arm with a blood soaked sword.....