Journal Entry

After reaching my door without him catching up to me I quickly open it and made my way inside.

However before I had a chance to close it Jamie stopped it with his hand.

"Please, Charlotte let me tell you what happened. Then you can decide if you want me to stay or leave."

He said in a breathless manner, as he made his way into my chambers.

"I already know what happened Jamie. Luke told me the story. But please I would like time alone tonight to think about things. I will come visit you sometime tomorrow. I promise."

I said while placing a small kiss upon his lips. "Okay fine but remember my chambers are always yours if you would like to join me in bed." He said in a husky voice that was drenched in desire.

However I couldn't let my wolf have him tonight so I pushed him gently out the door and shut it behind him. Once I knew he was gone I called for Izzy.

She was in my chambers within minutes. I filled her in on what happened at the ball as she helped me into my nightgown. Once I was in my covers she started to blow out the candles that lit up my room.

"Wait, don't blow this one out. I would like to have a little light. Just in case I wake up and need to use the restroom." I said as she patted the sheets around me.

After she left I threw the covers off in a flash as I picked up the box I placed under my bed. I crawled back into bed as I placed the box in my lap.

I placed the photographs to the side to be able to observe the rest of the box. I picked up the notebook and unraveled the twine that was binding it shut.

I carefully opened it to find that it was a journal belonging to my mother. I started to read a few pages of the journal.

Page 1
John is the first person I have told about my powers. I still don't know much about them, but he promised that we would go to the library tomorrow. And find something that could help me. My powers are growing stronger every night, I barely can control them. However, since I found the necklace my mother gave me before she passed away a few weeks ago. My powers have dulled down. I am still on guard every moment, hoping that my powers wont consume me one day....

Page 2
John and I went through some of my mothers things after visiting the library. I found a few spell books and journals of what she went through learning how to control her powers. John told me that he would help me and be by my side every set of the way....

I read a few more pages explaining how John helped her during the summer to figure out how to control her powers. Before I fell fast asleep with the journal in my hands.