The little box

We both stopped in our tracks when Luke came running towards us.

"The king has sobered up. And wants you to get ready for the ball." He said while staring at Jamie.

"That is exactly what we are trying to do Luke." Jamie said while he started to walk past him. However Luke grabbed my arm a little roughly. Jamie turned around and had Luke pinned against the wall before he had a moment to speak.

"Do you want to die, Luke? What is the meaning behind you grabbing Charlotte in such a manner?"

Jamie said through his clenched teeth. I could see Jamie's eyes turn into a dark storm at sea.

I placed my hand over Jamies and made him let go. Luke thanked me while he was trying to regain his breath. I stepped closer towards him, to be a wall between the two larger men.

"Now that you have gained your breathing back, tell me why you manhandled me?" I asked as I inched closer poking at his chest.

"Please you both have me all wrong. The king asked for the two of you to get ready in separate rooms. I was just trying to show Charlotte her real chambers." Luke said while rubbing the spot on his neck where Jamie had squeezed.

"You should have started with that, my dear friend. I shall take her, and then make my way towards my own chambers." Jamie said while patting his friend on the back.

After walking down multiple hallways, we finally reached my chambers. It was light and airy unlike Jamie's. However I didn't like that his scent wasn't embedded into the walls.

"Oh there you are my lady, I have been waiting hours for you to return so I could get you ready." Izzy said while patting down the newly made bed.

Jamie leaned into my backside, pressing his lower half against me allowing me to feel a bulge growing. As he whispered into my ear. "I hope you will still end up in my bed tonight."

As his words filled my ears he quickly let go of me and headed out the door. Leaving me in a wet panic with Izzy now blushing at the sight of us two.

"Now that he is gone, shall we get on with getting ready for this ball?" I said while making my way towards her.

"Oh yes but before that I have something for you." She said while walking past me and picking up a box with a note on top.

"Please the king is scary when he drinks, however he is very nice when sober. He left this here last night for you." She said before giving me the box.

The note on top of it read:
Dear Charlotte, please accept this gift. The room you are now in once was your mothers. This is one of the boxes she left behind when she left years ago. I know a lot more about you than you think. If your mother hasn't told you everything. I shall be the one to do it...
From: The King, John

I was stunned by the note, I fell to the floor in confusion. " Oh my, Charlotte, are you okay!" Izzy said as she ran to my side to help me.

"Yes, will you give me a few moments alone." I said while re-reading the note. "Yes, I shall be in the closet waiting for you when you are ready." She said as she walked away from where I laid.

"What do you think he means? I know more about you than you think." My inner wolf said.

I eagerly threw the note down and opened the box. It had a different belonging from my mother. I found two books, jewelry and some pictures.

The pictures had my mother with other people at this court. I never knew much about my mothers past. All I knew is that she was my fathers true mate. And everything else was her life after finding my father.

What kind of past was my mother hiding?