Flowers

Once we walked in I laid Adeline down near me on the couch. I rubbed her head for a few minutes until she fell back asleep.

"What is the matter Jamie?" I asked as I laid her head gently down on a pillow and made my way towards Jamie.

He had been pacing the room ever since we arrived. "He has a family portrait of the two of you." He stated as he pointed towards a medium size frame hanging over his bed.

"Indeed. Is that the true reason you are pacing around?" I asked while trying to calm him by grabbing a hold of his hands.

"He would be a better father to Adeline than I ever could be." He said as he let go of my hand.

"She has never called him father nor has she compared you to him. Why bring this up." I asked while trying to slow him down from pacing.

"You held on to him. Instead of me..." He was cut off by Trinity walking into Benjamin's chamber.

The walk back to my chambers was silent as none of us wanted to speak to another.

Once we entered Lady Trinity began to tell Jamie it was okay if he left.

"I believe it is best if he stays, until we know for sure she will be okay." I said while cutting her off.

She then nodded and began to examine Adeline in her bedroom. Leaving Jamie and I in the sitting area.

Once she was done she whipped the excess blood from her knees and walked towards us. She shut the bedroom door before she began to speak.

"She is pretty scared. Although she did have a few scratches on her knees, I believe that is all." Lady Trinity said as she opened Adelines bedroom door.

After she left Jamie and I ran into Adeline's room to see if she was okay. Thankfully Jamie had stayed because all she wanted was for him to hold her.

I used that time to get dressed. Benjamin stopped by to check on her, although I refused to let her see him. Claiming she was asleep and shouldn't be bothered.

After an hour waiting for Jamie to come out of Adeline's room I decided to open the door. I found Adeline snuggled up to his chest asleep.

His eyes were shut, however I knew deep down he was not asleep. I carefully walked towards them trying my best not to wake Adeline up.

"Stop over thinking." I whispered in Jamie's ear. As he smiled for a quick moment then his face went back to stone.

"I shall be off to hand some things, then I shall return." Jamie said as he got off the bed and walked out of my chamber. I tried to run after him, but he was already gone.

I sat there most of the day by Adline's side reading or writing. "Mommy." Adeline said, startling me.

"Yes darling." I said as I placed my book down that I had been reading. She looked up and smiled at me. However I could see something was bothering her.

"Where is father?" She asked while looking around the room. "He said he would be back later to check on you." I said while rubbing her head.

*knock*

"This might be him. Let me go check, as you stay right here." I told her in a up lifting tone.

I walked out of her room to find Benjamin standing there with some flowers. As Jamie walked in my chambers without knocking.

It was a funny scene that was unfolding in front of me. As the two men looked at each other as if the other shouldn't be in here.

"She was just asking about you.... You two may follow me." I said as I giggled because Jamie knew I was talking about him.

Jamie let Benjamin walk up first and hand her the flowers he brought to help her feel better.

"I went into the garden and picked these just for you. Since we weren't able to do our family picnic together."

"Thank you. You may leave now.... Oh and Lord Ben we aren't a family." Adeline said causing all of us to hold our breaths.

Ben nodded as his head fell down towards the ground and walked out. "Adeline Jane, that was not nice." I spat as I heard the door close.

Of course Jamie was no help in getting on to her as he began laughing at her statement. "It is the truth, mommy." She said.

"Indeed it is. But your mother is right, you should be a little nicer to the guy that just brought you flowers." Jamie said as he continued to laugh at the situation at hand.