Going Up Against The King

My father silenced everyone at the table with a loud bang on the table. "Since my lovely daughter decided to join. Let the food be served."

As I ate the food in front of me I found myself gazing up at Lord James.

"Have you met my daughter yet James?" my father asked with a glass of wine in his hand pointing it towards me.

"I had the wonderful pleasure of her running into me in the east garden today. With her two lovely friends at her side." The girls gave him a big smile then returned devouring their plate of foods.

Emily however placed her fork down and looked towards my father as she said. " We had to rush back to our chambers before he could join in our game." She said while crossing her arms and making a disgusted look towards me.

My father laughed as he placed his cup down on the table. "Well Emily I believe Lord James would be honored to play with the two of you and Charlotte tomorrow. I won't bother him with kingdom issues until the day after next."

I placed my fork down as I started to speak. "But father, I am to go into one of the nearby villages tomorrow with Harper. I won't have time to watch the girls."

Everyone at the table was watching me and my father as I stood up. He also stood up and leaned towards me. " I will send Harper a letter explaining why you won't be joining her tomorrow. See girls it's settled you will get to play all the games in the world tomorrow with Charlotte and Lord James."

"This is not a settled father." I said with an alpha tone making everyone's eyes stray away from my fathers. Then back at his once he said his final words towards me.

"You have started making a habit of being late to things. And as the future ruler you must not be late. So as your punishment you won't go to the village with Harper you will stay here." His tone was brutal,however I got my anger issues from him, so I still was not ready to  back down.

"I understand that father but a lot has been on my mind lately and I haven't been able to sleep at night." I said while sitting back down in my seat to not get something thrown at me from the king.

"Charlotte I am sorry to hear that, but you must learn how to handle time better. And what better way than watching  children all day. You will be at their chambers no later than 7:00 a.m. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes father." After a few minutes the silent dining room began to fill once again with laughter.

Finding Her Destinyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें