Scream

Adeline's POV

I never thought my dreams were just dreams. Every time I met the lady in the dungeon it felt real.

"Adeline.....Adeline" I heard a woman's voice call my name. I opened them to find I was in the dungeon standing near the cell where the lady was held.

"You're my grandmother, aren't you?" I asked while walking closer to her. She smiled and gestured for me to come closer.

"Indeed. However, that is not why I called you down here." She said in a calm manner. Although she was looking around as if a guard might overhear us.

"Now you must tell your mother that it isn't safe for her here. I have done some horrible things to make sure she stays alive. However I don't know how much longer the king will keep me here. You and your mother must leave this place."

She said with tears rolling down her cheeks. "What things, why can't we bring you with us?" I asked as I tried to comfort her through the gates.

"Hush child. You must run before someone finds you down here." I refused to leave until I heard footsteps walking down the only way I could think to escape.

"Hide in the shadows. Once they pass, run as fast as you can back to your mother." she said.

It was the king. I did as I was told and waited until he was far away and I began to run. However my feet weren't faster than the drunk king chasing after me.

As I ran up the stairs he grabbed me by my hair. Then told me to not tell anyone what had happened or what I saw. I began to kick and scream, making him pull me faster.

My knees began to bleed against the stairs leading up to the main part of the palace. I began to pray my mother would save me.....

Charlotte's POV

"Adeline" I screamed as Ben held my hand. I knew I should let Jamie comfort me however Benjamin had been a part of Adelines entire life leading to this point.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as Ben stopped near the main hall. "Do you hear that?" He asked, looking at Jamie and I.

"Mommy!! Help Me!" I heard Adeline's scream in terror. I began to run as hard as I could to where I heard the sound.

We all halted to a stop when we saw her. The king had her in his tight grip. I could tell she was scared by the look on her face.

I also could smell the strong whiskey that surrounded the king. Then Ben turned me towards him as he began to speak.

"You must stay here with King James. I shall go get our daughter." He said as he let go of my tight grip and handed me over to Jamie.

I could tell it hurt Jamie to see another man having to save his daughter. However he knew this might be the only way to save her from the king's grasp.

"Here. Take the little rat." The king said as he threw Adeline towards Benjamin.

He held her tight for a few moments before whispering something in her ear. Then she began to run towards Jamie and I.

I fell towards her picking her up. I hugged her as tight as I could without causing any pain. I turned towards Ben as he called my Jamie's Jamie.

"King James. Please take the girls to my chambers as I deal with my drunk father. I shall call my mother to check on her." He said as he held a sword to the king's throat.

He threatened that if he harmed Adeline or myself he would have his head chopped off. I began drowning out his voice as we made our way further down the hallway.

All I could focus on was my little girl. And how quick I could have lost her forever if it hadn't been for Benjamin and Jamie helping me.