Quiet

After the meeting I left and made my way towards my tent. I sat in silence until Jamie opened up the flap and made his way in.

"What do you think you are doing here?" I asked while standing up from my sitting position I was in.

"I thought it would be best if I stayed here with you. Just in case the enemy decides to sneak up on us during the night." He said as he threw down his ripped jacket onto the ground below.

"I think it would be best if you sleep in another tent." I said as I picked his jacket up and threw it at him. His attitude quickly changed to a more sad one.

I suppose his wolf feels like I am rejecting him. However that is not the case, I simply need alone time to think things through.

I laid down on the makeshift bed that was made up of some pillows and blankets. I curled up in a ball and fell fast asleep. However, all thought of the night I would wake up from nightmares.

I woke up before any of the men did. I wrapped a cloak around myself as I opened up the flap in my tent. I quickly found myself on the ground after I tripped over a man.

It didn't come to any surprise once I felt a spark fly through my body at the man's touch. It was Jamie, I couldn't help but wonder if he slept there all night.

"So my love. You kicked me out of your tent last night and now you decide to step all over me?" He asked while rubbing his lower back.

"Why were you there in the first place?" I asked as he stuck his hand out to help me up. However I am quite stubborn so I got up by myself.

"We shall not stop until we reach a village that is near the safe house." He said as he started walking away.

Once all the men were up, we packed up our camp and we were back on the road. We rode for another complet day until we decided to stop and make camp.

My legs were killing me from being on a horse for so long. However I was not about to let my men see me in any type of pain.

Because they are also grieving, they have no clue when the next time they will see their families again.

The next day we were back on the road, we only had 7 more hours of riding before we would be at the village.

Once we only had a couple of hours left we stopped to let our horses have a drink of water in the nearby stream. I washed my face as my light colored horse drank beside me.

It has been days since I last bathed or changed my clothes. I was still in the blood stained dress. Although I quickly made note of how quiet everyone began to become.

Jamie carefully walked towards me and placed his finger over his lips for me to stay silent. I carefully pulled out my swords and nodded towards him.