Don't leave

As he made his way towards his seat I couldn't help but wonder. What if he hadn't left.

Would I have been in his embrace all of these years or would I have left. "You have changed a lot."

He said while sitting down, placing the small napkin in his lap. "As have you." I said while wiping my lips of soup.

Once we were finished I picked up the bowls and placed them in the sink. "Thank you for inviting me." He said while helping me with the cups.

"I must be off now." He said while nodding then began to walk out of the kitchen.

"Don't let him go!" My inner wolf said. I quickly placed everything down and ran towards my door when I heard him twist the handle.

"Don't leave." I said in a breathless manner as I made way towards the door.

He was almost out of the door when he slowly turned to face me. "I must leave. I believe you wouldn't like rumors starting if I made my way back to the palace in the morning."

"Will you come back to me tomorrow night?" I asked while walking towards him.

"I will, but I must attend to some things before I come back." He said while stealing, holding on to the doorknob.

"Promise me, you will return." I said as I grasped his hand on my own. "I promise." He said while placing a gentle kiss upon my hand then walked out the door.

*****
Jamie's POV

After leaving Charlotte my inner wolf started howling in my head to go back. I was once again leaving her. However I knew if I didn't I would do something.

I was 5 minutes into the walk down the long grassy path when I heard a noise. I turned towards where I heard it and it was coming from a bush.

"Make yourself known." I said. Then a little girl walked out of the bushes holding a little stuffed animal.

She looked at me with tears in her small eyes. I bent down towards her and moved her hair out of her eyes. "What is the matter?" I asked.

Then oddly she sniffed my jacket. "Hey, what is the matter with you?" I was quite confused at the actions of this little girl.

"You smell like my night shirts that my mother made into a blanket." She said before she paused. "I am on my way to see her now." Then she lowered her head towards the ground.

"She is our daughter!" My inner wolf said in excitement.

I picked the little thing up and began to make my way back towards Charlotte's room.

"My mother still loves you." She said while placing her head upon my shoulder. "Who do you think I am?" I asked as she picked her head up and began to look at me.

"You're my father, Jamie. Momma has told me a little bit about you. I also know your scent anywhere. I use your shirt that momma got a long time ago to snuggle with at night." She said, then placed her head back on my shoulder.

I was stunned by the words that the little thing in my arms said. "Indeed you are correct. However may I ask why you are out here making your way towards your mothers room. It can be quite dangerous for a little thing like you to be wondering by your self.

"I had a bad dream. And I forgot your shirt in my room but when I went to look for it the door was locked. But can you sing the song that you taught momma?" She said while looking up at me.

Lavender blue dilly dilly
Lavender green if you would be my Queen
I will be your King......

After I sang the lovely song I began to hear the little thing snoring. Around the same time I could see Charlotte's door.

Most of the candles were out, making it quite difficult to see where the door was. However I found it and began to knock.