Tea time

" Lady Rose, now that I have you alone. What were you and the King discussing?" Lady Julia asked while we joined in with the rest of the lady's.

"He wanted to know who all at cort were single." I said as I padded my dress down once I sat down. The sitting room was filled with different characters at court.

"Did the handsome King James mention any of us lady's while asking you this question?" Lady Cora said as she overheard me talking.

I was far too deep in the lie now so I would have to figure out a way to end it now. "He mainly just wanted to know of any eligible lady's at court. King James never spoke a word about who he fancies."

I said while picking up my cup and plate as the kitchen made her rounds to fill them. "Thank you." I said once she poured some in my cup.

As we gossiped about the other people at court Jamie made his way by us. Making all of the women blush thinking they know his little secret.

For some reason seeing the lady's get any type of attention from him made me feel angry. "It's called jealousy. The only way you can have that is if you still love him."

My inner wolf said, making me choke on my tea. "Are you alright Lady Rose?" Jamie asked as he kneeled down towards me.
He grabbed the cup from my hands as I coughed a little then gave it back. "Indeed I am fine. I believe I swallowed it wrong, causing me to cough."

I admitted while smiling at him and the rest of the lady's.

"I must be off if I am to see my old friend." He said while nodding then began walking away. He quickly turned around and grabbed my hand.

"Thank you for talking with me." He said. I felt something in my hand as he let go. I quickly closed it so the others didn't see.

"King James, when will you be back from seeing your friend?" One of the lady's asked while looking towards Jamie.

"I should be back for the Golden Moon Ball." He said, then began to walk away.

I sat there for another hour talking about different things with the lady's before excusing myself.

"I better go check on Adeline. She has her poor nurse running everywhere these days." I said while waving goodbye to the ladies. Then I began to quickly make my way towards my chambers.

************

Moments Later.

I quickly ran into my chambers and shut the door. Once I made sure that one of my lady's maids was nowhere on site. I began to unfold the paper that was placed in my hand.

Note
A full moon is fast approaching us. I will go back to my kingdom for two weeks.

"No! He can't leave us again. We must go with him." My wolf screamed

Before I could comment Benjamin walked through my chamber doors.

"I have been looking all over for you." He said as he found me standing near my desk.

Thankfully I had enough time to hide the note before he walked in. "Benjamin, I would like to take a trip." I said.

The world flowed out of my mouth before I had the proper amount of time to think of my excuse for leaving.

"Where would you like to go?" He asked while walking into my sitting room. After he was seated conterbly on my couch I began to make my way towards him.

"I would like to take Adeline to the safe house." I said while sitting nex to him.
"Has something happened. Why would you need to go there?" He asked while grabbing a hold of my hand in concern.

"Calm down Ben. She hasn't been there since she was two years old. Also I want to spend time with her." I said while patting his hand.

"It will be a surprise for her birthday." I admitted hoping he would allow me to go. "Alright I shall make proper preparations for this journey." He said while kissing my hand then began to pace around the sitting room.

"Ben. I have already gotten all the preparation ready." I admitted as he stopped and walked towards me.

"I see. Well when do you two leave for this trip?" He asked while pulling me into a warm embrace.

"Today. I would like to already make this journey so we are able to enjoy our time there." I admitted some of the truth to him.

"We shall ride beside King James, since he will be making his way back towards his kingdom." I said hoping he would feel more okay with the fact that I would be watched after.

"That sounds good. I hope you both have a wonderful time." He said as he placed a kiss upon my cheek and left my chambers.