A desperate kiss

As I made my way into the garden I began to make my way towards where I told Jamie to meet me. I found him leaning against a large tree looking out towards a large meadow. His messy hair was blowing in the wind, then his eyes met mine..

"Why do you have a suitcase?" He asked as we began to walk further away from the palace.

"I will be staying where I am to take you for a few nights." I said while hopping over a limb.

After 20 minutes of silence I began to speak. "Here we are." I said while opening the door. After making sure that we were indeed alone. I began to set my bag down.

I took my coat off and placed it on a chair when Jamie started to make his way towards me. I was trying to think of different ways I could bring up that he has a child when his lips met mine.

Our lips intanged in each others. Once our lips met sparks began to cover every inch of my body. I missed his touch on my skin. Wait no. I thought to myself as I began to push him away.

We were both breathless by that kiss that we had to take a moment. "How dare you!" I spat, throwing a pillow that was near me at his head. However he caught it before it made an impact.

"I am sorry. I just couldn't stand a moment more without your lips upon mine." He said while touching his lips and smiling.

I felt my temperature starting to burst when I began to let everything loose.

"I left that safe house to save your ass from dying. Yet I returned a year later to find that you had not returned. Don't even get me started on your poor attempt to reject me. I know you have come here to do it the right way. So do it. I would like this chapter of my life to be over with."

I yelled at the top of my lungs. He stood there frozen in place as he was letting my words soak into his mind.

"You ran away?" He asked in a hushed tone.

"Yes, because I had a vision that you would die if I stayed with you. And I couldn't handle that type of pain." I said while throwing my hands up and sitting in the chair near the window.

"I too had a vision." He admitted while coming closer towards me. "It was a horrible future that you would eventually die. That is why I wanted to distance my self from you to protect you."

"So you reject me over a letter." I spat while walking into the small kitchen. He followed me as I began to cut up some vegetables that were in the ice box.

He stood there for a few minutes observing me cook before he began to speak. "Here you get the soup ready and I will cut the vegetables." He said while grabbing the knife from my hand.

I threw down the knife and walked over to the pot on the stove and began to start it.

"I didn't want to reject you. I felt like I needed to." He said while placing the vegetables into the soup.

"Oh well I didn't want to push out your child either but I still had to." I spat then immediately regretted the words that poured out of my mouth.

He placed the knife down and turned towards me and I began to step farther away from him until I hit the counter. "My what." He said in a deep tone of voice that sent shivers down my spine. As he inched closer towards me.

"I was trying to find the right time to tell you." I said in a whisper tone as he hovered over me staring into my soul.

"She is all I have left of you. When I left I was scared and alone. Then Ben came along and I kissed him only once and he fell head over heels for me. I pushed him away and never again has his lips been upon mine."

I quickly said as he looked as if he could kill the man that I spoke of for even touching me. "Continue." He said and backed away from me so I could have enough room to breathe.

"When I held my... I mean our baby girl for the first time. It felt as if I was staring into the havens that blessed me with you. I promised myself that in a year's time I would go back to the safe house and find you."

I paused for a moment to check the soup and stir it. Then I began to speak again as Jamie was watching my every move.

"When I arrived I found everything as I left it. My letter I wrote to you was in the same place I left it. I was hurt by you not coming back for me after a year. That week I took her to the beach and our garden. She even tried her first real food there."

I said as I smiled remembering when she was a baby. He placed a smile on his face then I continued.

"Then on our journey back I stopped by the inn to see the old lady. Well she gave me the box of letters. And I finally got to the last one and broke down. I cried all night. I promised myself that I would never let another man into my life that I could possibly love in a way as I loved you. Because the hurt I felt by your words is enough to send me over a cliff."

I stopped as I poured some soup in two bowls and placed it on the table. We began to eat in silence as I began to cry remembering all of the feeling I felt.

Jamie quickly got out of his seat and was at my side in a flash holding me in his arms. For a moment I let myself enjoy his warm embrace before pulling away. I knew in my heart he could just leave me once more and I was not about to go through that pain.

"As I looked down at Adelines face as she slept beside me. I knew I had to become stronger for her. So I made a promise to myself. I would not let another man into my life. Or open my heart up to be stepped on, especially you."

I said as he held my face in his hand. "Her name is Adeline?" He asked

I smiled through my tears and nodded. "Yes Adeline Jane. Adeline after your mother and Jane because it's close to your name." I admitted as I sipped some of my wine.

"I wish I had never left you." He said as tears began to fall down his cheeks. I embraced him in a hug and we sat there for a few moments before he let go.