Our love story Part 1

"Haven't I told you this story before?" I asked her with my eyebrows raised.

"Yes but not the full story. Daddy, can you also tell me about it too." She said as she looked at the wall behind us.

I quickly moved away from the door as it creaked open to reveal Jamie hadn't left at all.

We sat down on the bed with Jamie on the far corner to not impose on the welcome greeting of his daughter.

"Some years ago there lived a princess...." I began when she interrupted me in excitement.

"It was you mommy!" She said and then looked embarrassed for interrupting.

"Exactly." I said as I paused as she began to giggle.

"I had been up all night wondering what my destiny would be. I felt in my heart that there was more to my story than just being Queen Alpha..."

I said as Jamie began to tilt his head at my response. "Really? You never told me this." He said. I ignored his statement as I continued with the story.

"Well I somehow ever slept and was woken up by Kristen. She has always been like a second mother to me. Growing up when my own mother was busy she would play with me."

I said I began to remember my childhood. I glanced up to see they were both smiling at me.

"You have told me all of this. Skip to the good part." Adeline said as let out a huff.

I giggled at her response and held my hands up in surrender. "Okay fine."

"I was playing hide-and-seek. With the girls I would sometimes watch. I began searching for a hiding spot...." I couldn't finish my statement, because Jamie decided it was his time to tell his side of the story.

"Your mother ran me over. Before I could be angry at whoever just knocked me to the ground I saw her brown eyes looking back at me. I can't explain the feeling I felt when I looked into her eyes for the first time."

"Awww." Adleine said as she looked between Jamie and I, I began to blush a bright shade of red.

"Then what happend!!" Adeline asked in excitement.

"She left with the two girls. Your mother told me to come find her. As if we were children playing a game." He said in an upbeat tone.

I rolled my eyes as he called me childish. However Adeline didn't seem to understand what he meant by his words.

"Indeed, he found me later that night at dinner with my parents and a few others." I pointed out as he smiled. I could tell he liked to ruffle my feathers by the way he laughed at my tone of voice.

"Don't leave out the part when you went up against your father." He said as it made me think of the events as if they were unfolding before my eyes.

"You did? Tell me more mommy." Adelien said as she scooted closer towards Jamie. I smiled at how she was beginning to warm up to him again.

"My father told me I couldn't go to town with my friend the next day so I got angry." I admitted.

"You're skipping some important details." Jamie pointed out making me give him the evil eye before continuing.

"Fine!" I spat at him. "I was starting to become late to everything. And my father thought it best that I woke up the next day and spend time with the girls. Also making Jamie join in on the fun." I said smiling at the two of them.

"Tell me about when you went to visit him. Please!!" She begged as she grabbed my arm.

"Okay. In my defense I hadn't planned on visiting him that night" I admitted. To be fair, I was telling the entire truth to my daughter for the first time. I hadn't planned on visiting that night.

"Let me tell you my part of this story first." Jamie said, interrupting me before I could even begin.

"I was sitting in my chambers. I had just blown out a few candles getting ready for bed when I scenced someone coming. I hid in the shadows ready to attack whoever was the intruder..."

He paused looking towards me with a smirk on his face. Then he continued.

"Then I saw your lovely mother enter my room with some cookies. She began to stumble over a few things before she could notice she was in the wrong room..."

He paulzed as I blurted out my response. "Then you gave me a heart attack when you made yourself known." I blurted out in my defense.

"Indeed I did. However I wanted to make sure you knew that it was my room." He admitted as a knock brought us out of our memory lane bliss.

"Hide." Adeline whispered towards Jamie as she helped him hide in her room.

I walked ahead and straightened my dress, then opened the door. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw a kitchen maid with a large moving table of food.

"The crowd has died down my lady. I thought you and your daughter would want to eat in your chamber tonight." She admitted shyly.

"Thank you." I said as I opened the door for her to enter.

After she was done setting up the dinner for Adelien and  I thanked her again for doing this small act of kindness.

"My lady." She said as she began to walk out the door and turned towards me.

"Yes." I said as I looked towards my bedroom door that I had shut.

"I know it is not my place to ask this- - -'' She began to babble.

"Gabriel. Spit it out, you know I am not one to judge someone's title." I pointed out making her let out a breath of relief. 

"I heard about what happened today during the festival with Lord Benjamin. Also how King James saved you from his abuse by nearly killing him." She admitted.

"Indeed, however I thought you wanted to ask me a question." I said looking towards her with my eyebrows raised.

"Yes of course, is that how King Benjamin has always treated you?" She asked in a way that she seemed to not believe the words coming out of her own mouth.

"He has been a damn good father to Adeline over the years and a good friend to me. He has never laid a hand on me before this day. I believe he was drunk, so you can tell that to the maids so they can gossip about the truth for once!" I sapt in anger.

She quickly walked out of my sitting room and I followed her to lock the door. Once it was locked I had to calm my anger down.

"Why do maids gossip so much about our matters? Don't they have better things to do." My inner wolf said.