Visit

I awoke the next morning ready to visit Ben. I got out of bed and helped Adeline dress in a pink dress that she picked out.

Once we were both done getting ready the nurse walked in to pick up Adeline.

"I am not going with you?" Adline asked as she looked at me with tears in her eyes. I felt bad for not letting her go with me.

Although I knew the only way I could get to the bottom of why he acted out yesterday was to ask him. Also to not have Adeline involved.

I made my way down the hallway until I found his door. I decided to knock because I didn't know what type of state he would be in.

"Come in." I heard his voice. It sounded a bit ruff but he had just gotten in a fight with the infamous King James.

I calmly walked in and gently closed the door behind me when I saw him.

He was wearing his pants and trying to put his shirt on. However it seemed as if he was having a quite difficult time.

"May I help?" I asked as I walked closer towards him. He quickly looked my way and smiled.

"I don't remember anything after I talked with my father yesterday." He admitted after I told him to lift his arms.

His body was covered in gashes and bandages. However his body was healing at a faster rate than most in his condition.

"I was told how horrible I was to you." He admitted as he looked away from my gaze.

I politely placed my hand around his cheek and brought his face towards mine. "I believe you."

He nodded and finished putting on his shirt once it was over his head.

"Does he love you and Adeline?" He asked, making my heart skip a beat.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, trying to seem as if I had no clue who he was referring to.

"Don't play dumb Charoltte. I can tell Jamie is Adeline's father. Hell if you watch them together you will start noticing similarities." He said while placing his jacket on.

"I wanted to tell you. I just couldn't find the right time." I began to say before he cut me off.

"Do you love him?" He asked again, but this time he sounded more calm when asking.

"Yes." I admitted as I closed my eyes and let a breath out. I had no clue how relieved I was to admit the truth to someone other than Jamie.

When I opened them he was looking down at me smiling. "What?" I asked as I nudged his shoulder.

"Ouch. I am still sore after the beating." He said, making me giggle a little.

"I should have never taken that drink from my father." He said as he looked at himself in the mirror after looking at my bandage over my eyebrow.

"What drink?" I asked as I looked closer at his appearance and nodded to the blue tie he held in his left hand.

"We both were drinking heavily and he started to pour the whiskey in my cup because I barely could lift my head."

"What did it taste like?" I asked

"Bitter and spicy." He said as he looked down at me in confusion.

"Perhaps your father has a witch. Because the way you acted mixed with what you exclaimed the drink to be...." I paulzed.

"I believe it is called Nepheli. I am not sure, I would have to look in my mothers spell book." I admitted as he still looked confused.

"What do you mean by this?" He asked.

"I believe some how your fathers got a hold of a position. It makes whoever drinks it into a puppet for their control..." I began to explain.

A guard walked in and told Ben he must be fitted for his suit. I nodded and walked out.

"Hey. We can talk about this later." He screamed as he walked out of his chamber to yell down the hallway.

I nodded and smiled back at him. I believed we were in trouble if the king had found a witch to work with him.

I began to walk back towards my chambers from Benjamin's when I noticed Jamie's door slightly open.

"It won't hurt to take a peek. Probably he forgot it was open when he left this morning." My inner wolf said.

I nodded and walked closer towards the door when I heard a female voice.

I couldn't quite make out what she was saying because before I could their lips met.

They began kissing each other passionately until she broke it off. "Stop Jamie. We have company." She said in a breathless manner.

As his eyes met mine he began letting her go and walked towards me. I believed he was about to make some excuse on why that happened.

However he did the exact opposite. He shut the door in my face. I was so mad that I stormed all the way back to my room.