Home

"We must hurry Adeline." I screamed as she took her time gathering her things.

"We should have packed her things last night." Jamie said, making me hit his shoulder.

Once we were all set Adeline and Bailey rode in our carriage with Caroline. The others took another one that we rode beside.

We would ride a day then rest at night in an inn or in a tent. It wasn't the most pleasant journey I have been on. However it was quite nice to have Caroline to help out with the girls.

After the long two weeks of travel and resting we arrived in the village near my castle. I was taken back by the smell of home.

I haven't been back since that eventful day of my coronation. I have put most of those memories far behind me.

Although it is starting to boil back up to the surface. I was lost in thought when the carriage stopped and Holly walked to our carriage.

"We can get out here. Then the boys can put up our things." Holly said as she opened the door.
I made sure to hide my face from the large crowd. I didn't want to deal with anything until I had a proper bath.

However, all that changed when I felt my arm being dragged. I looked up to a strange man dragging me to the center of the large square.

"Let me go!" I screamed at the large man. He never let go until I was thrown in the middle of the crowd.

I looked up from where I had fallen down to see everyones eyes on me. I felt my cheeks become bright red at the embarrassment.

"The Alpha Queen has returned after years of leaving us high and dry." I heard someone from the crowd say. Making the others become riled up.

"Silent! You are correct she is the Alpha Queen! Have some respect." I heard a man say behind the crowd.

I tried to see who it was, but the crowd started to lower their heads, inspect and make a path towards me.

"David?" I asked the large handsome man that began to walk towards me.

"Seems she has just arrived. I shall give her shelter at the castle. You shall have a word with her later today at the ball." He said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and began to walk away from the square.

"Wait, my daughter." I said panicking. I looked over to see the others and Adeline waiting for me. I wondered why they didn't stop the large man from grabbing me in the first place.

"You are all invited to stay in the castle." Danvid said as he let go of my shoulder so I could embrace Adeline in a warm hug.

None of us decided to question David as we followed him towards the castle. Holly stayed behind to inform Jamie and Johnny about where we are to stay.

"Thank you." I admitted after a few minutes of silence. He looked at me and my daughter and smiled.

Once we entered the castle gates I felt a weird feeling growing in my stomach wanting to empty out everything I had consumed that afternoon.

David began to notice my emotions starting to surface as he pulled me to the side.

"Jake, take them to their room." He ordered one of his guards.

I watched as they disappeared into the large castle that was my home once. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths as I listened to David speak.

"You must hide your emotions. Charlotte if you want to win these people back. They need a strong alpha, not a little girl." He said to make me remember why I am here.

I nodded my head at his words and began to lift my chin as if I could hold the entire world on my shoulders and not fall.

Once I entered David walked me to where my old chambers were. I was surprised that he rebuilt the kingdom from the ground up after I left.

"Why have you done all of this?" I asked in disbelief he would do this out of the kindness of his heart.

"Before I answer anything my mate would like to have a word with you." I turned around to face him as his words had caught me off guard.

"I hadn't heard that he found a mate!" My inner wolf asked who was in my bedroom.

He opened the door to my room when I saw Harper sitting in a chair reading a book. Once she saw me she ran and embraced me in a warm hug.

"I thought you were dead!" She screamed as she hugged me even tighter.

"David is your mate?" I asked as she let go and began apologizing.

"We knew the night of the golden moon. But we didn't want to tell you until after your coronation." She admitted as she began to shove David out the room to talk to me in private.

"Now what do you have on?" She asked as she began to giggle that I would dress like a common maid.

I walked into my closet where a few of my dresses were hung. "I thought the fire had destroyed half of the castle." I said as I felt the fabric of the dresses.

"Well the west wing had some damage. Although it was quite easy to fix once David stepped in to help out." She said as she began to pick an outfit out for me to wear tonight.

"Your council annotated David as a step in Alpha for your people. Since you were gone for so long we all thought you abandoned us or died."

She said as I heard someone enter my chambers.