A new day

I awoke in the same place as the night before. Although at first it seemed to be comfortable. I awoke with my back killing me.

After I made it back into my chambers I heard someone rambling in my closet. I carefully walked in to find my old lady's maid standing there.

"Kristen!!" I ran towards her shouting her name. She embraced me in a long warm hug as she kissed the top of my head.

"Look how grown you look! Oh and I heard you have a daughter." She said  as she let go and held my face up towards the sky so she could get a better look.

"Indeed. Her name is Adeline and she is a handful most of the time." I said as she let go and helped me undress.

"Sounds like someone else I know." She said in my ear as she giggled.

Once she was done helping me change for the day we sat down in my sitting room. We talked for a few minutes as we discussed all that has happened since I left.

Then we were interrupted when I heard a guard knock on my chamber door.

"You may enter." I said as I stood up to acknowledge their presence.

"Queen Alpha, you are needed in a meeting this morning." He said and left my chambers.

I quickly hugged Kristan good bye and began to follow the guard that waited outside my door.

"Do you know what the meeting is about?" I whispered towards the tall man beside me.

"I believe your council, King James and King David with some others are there. That is all I know about Queen Alpha." He said as we turned down the hallway my fathers office and meeting room was on.

Once the doors opened to the meeting room everyone stood up and waited for me to have a seat.

"I am glad everyone of you could join us on this fine morning, gentle men." I said as I gestured for them to sit.

"We are here to discuss everything you have missed since fleeing for safety." One of the men said. After I nodded we began to discuss everything.

We talked about how Harper had King David stand in my position and helped my kingdom defend itself from Franklin.

Also every minor change that has happened in the past few years. By the time we were finished I was starving.

"Men, let's give Queen Alpha a break to digest everything that was spoken today. We shall meet tomorrow morning and discuss the future of the kingdom."

Jamie said, making everyone take a breath of relief. We had been in that meeting all day. The kitchen staff would bring us some drinks and a few snacks throughout the day.

However, never enough to fill me up completely. It was around 5 o'clock when most of the men left the meeting room.

"I forgot how long men take to discuss kingdom matters." I said in a teasing manner.

David nodded at Jamie and left the room as I began to walk out myself.

"Where are you off to?" Jamie asked as I began to walk the opposite direction of my chambers.

"I want to look over everything in my fathers office..." I realized once I saw his entire large dining table full of papers and documents of the events.

"Shall I help you?" He asked as he pulled me in for a kiss. I let a sigh of relief slip from my lips.

"I am grateful for all the help you can offer me." I said as I let go of him and began to look over some of the documents.