Star light

Once I had my nightgown on I told him he could look as I folded my dress that I took off and placed it on a chair.

"At night you started to sweat." I said while looking down towards the floor.

"What are you mumbling about?" He asked as he sat down on the makeshift bed.

"You would begin to sweat and tremble in fear. Then you would begin to howl. You would do that all through the nights. Then by mooring it was over and you would look peaceful once more."

I admitted then paused to wipe a tear away from my cheek. Then I sat down next to him.

"Do you remember any of this when you were asleep?" I asked while gazing up at him.

He shot me a look and got up. Leaving me with more questions. "Where are you going?" I asked while I followed behind him.

"Open the cave." He demanded in an Alpha voice.

"No! Not until you tell me where you are running off to." I spat while I pushed him back towards the secret room.

He is quite strong after just waking up a few minutes ago. He stood his ground and didn't move an inch when I pushed him.

His eyes began to switch from the evil red eyes to gold then back to blue. I stepped back as he growled and threw himself in the hard stone.

"Please." He said while he glazed back towards my horrified figure with soft blue eyes.

I cut my finger on a piece of stone that had broken off when he slammed into it. Then I placed it on the cave entrance and it opened.

He smiled and walked past me. "This argument is not over with!" I yelled as I ran on foot to catch up with him. He ran through the forests on foot with me trailing behind him yelling and cursing at him to stop.

He finally stopped near a cliff and I began to panic. "Was he about to jump? Maybe he knew we would follow and the beast is in control of his movements. What if he is going to push us off." -inner monolog

Before I could say anything or move closer he jumped. My heart sank and everything told me to stay put expert my heart told me to jump. I ran as fast as I could until I was over the edge.

I held my eyes shut waiting to hit solid ground. However I could hear water moving. I assumed I was about to hit water.

My body slammed into the water. It felt as if I had hit a stone wall. I began to try to surface. However, one of my feet felt broken. I pushed my way to the surface thinking only of my child and Jamie.

Once I was above water I began gasping for air. I felt Jamie's warmth as he embraced me and helped me towards the bank.

"What the hell?'' I said while I examined my foot. It was fast healing and it felt a lot better since I was resting it. And not fighting the current that was trying to pull me down.

"If I remember correctly you claimed you wanted to feel free." He said as he removed his shirt and began to ring it out.

"Of course I wanted to feel free. Although what does that have to do with you jumping off of a clif!" I spat while pushing him.

This time he was caught off guard and stumbled back a little. He took a position I believed he wouldn't move from.

"What did you feel as you were falling?" He asked moving closer towards me.

"I felt frightened of losing you again. Knew if I died Adeline would be taken care of and I would be with you. I couldn't live if you weren't alive."

I began to say before he wrapped me in a warm embrace. He kissed the top of my head and rested his head near his mark on my neck. After taking in my scent he lifted his head and began to speak.

"What did you feel while falling?" He asked again.

"I felt scared, determined, free......." He stopped me at free and I knew he was proud of himself by the smile that began to stretch across his face.

"Let's get you back to the cave." He said as he wrapped me into his arms and carried me up the cliff.

"Thanks for trusting me." He whispered in my ear as I rested my head  near his neck and smiled.

"The star light reminds me of the time we were in the garden at night." I said as we made it to the cave. I whined a little as I cut my hand and placed it on the door.

"I hate seeing you in pain." He admitted as we walked into the cave.

"I believe my mother didn't stay here for days on end." I said as I laughed, grabbing some wood and throwing it on the fireplace.

I gave him close to change into as I did the same. And we sat down on the bed in front of the fire to warm up from the cold water from the waterfall.