Kingdom

After they were finished I walked closer towards the stairs and looked out into the crowd.

"I am Charlotte Winters. I am your Queen Alpha." I announced as loud as my voice would go.

"I am much like you. I am not perfect, I have made many mistakes in my life. However I promise that in my own life I will take back everything King Franklin has taken away."

I said as I began descending down the large stairs. Once I made it halfway I stopped to finish my speech.

"If you would like me to give up my crown for someone to take the position. I will do that for my people. However I will only do that after I kill with my own hands King Franklin. He has taken too much from everyone one of us in this room."

I said making others in the room look at each other than back at me.

"I have said this before to my loyal guards at my safe house years ago when they were away from their family's."

I passed as I bowed towards the guards standing near me. Then I continued with my speech.

"I understand if you would like to go home and abandon me. However I promise you that if you stay.... You will be fighting for your kingdom and your family's. What shall you choose?"

I asked as I looked into the large crowd waiting for their response. One by one they began to bow down towards me.

"Our Alpha has retired!" They shouted once they were all on their knees.

I began to tear up once I saw Jamie and the others bowing down to me. It felt like I was finally stepping into my destiny that was meant for me.

I had my mate and my child by my side. Now I have my kingdom once again at my command.

"When shall we take everything from that horrible king?" I heard a stranger yell in the back.

"We shall meet him on the battlefield in 4 months my dear warrior." I said as they all cheered and returned to the festivities.

I was escorted to where a table was set up for my guest and family. They all stood there waiting for my cue to sit down.

It felt quite weird to have full authority over someone after only worrying about Adeline for years.

I waved my hand and everyone sat down. "I am proud of you." I heard Holly say as she began to fill her plate.

"You look gorgeous." Jamie whispered in my ear, sending sparkes down my spine.

"Is this our new home?" Adeline asked as she looked up towards us.

"This was always supposed to be your home." I said as I smiled at her bright smiling face.

"Charlotte. You do realize that Jamie will have to return to his kingdom to gain support for this war." David said making everyone stop eating.

"Daddy's leaving!" Adeline screamed as she jumped up and ran. Jamie and I followed her, however Harper stopped me.
"Move out of my way." I said through my teeth.

"You must show your people that you are strong and wont run away from them again." She admitted in a low voice.

I walked halfway up the stairs and turned towards the crowd as they silence my presents.

"I am going after my crying daughter to calm her. I shall return and continue answering any questions you may have."

I announced in a loud voice as I stormed up the stairs towards my daughter's chambers.

"She has locked the door." Jamie admitted as I ran towards the door.

"Move!" I shouted as I grabbed the door handle. "Adeline Jane! You have 3 seconds to open this door." I said in a calm manner trying to lessen my anger.

Before I could start counting I felt the door knob move and the door creaked open.

She was sobbing near the door as she fell into my arms. I tried to calm her, however nothing was working.

"I believe she needs you." I told Jamie as I looked towards the doorway where I had left him standing.

I decided to return to the hall room and let them have a moment.

It would be hard for Adeline to be away from Jamie after she has gotten used to him.

However I knew I had to stay here and show my people I won't run away again.

This is our destiny. I said to my inner wolf as the guard opened the door for me to enter.

The rest of the night was field with laughter and talk about war.

Jamie and Adeline didn't return for the rest of the night. I figured he put her to sleep and stayed with her.

I began making my way towards my chambers once the crowd died down enough for me to excuse my self.

On my way I stoped by Adeline's door near mine to see if she was okay. I walked in to find Jamie and her snuggled together.

They were asleep on the couch in the sitting room. I smiled down at them as I placed a blanket around them.

I quietly took my heels off and placed them beside a the chair I was going to sit in.

After that I wrapped my self in a blanket and fell fast asleep.