Lonely

I barged into the King's office, pushing the guards aside as I began to scream at him.

"How dare you!" I said as he paid little attention to my anger filled tone. He simply continued to look through paperwork.

"Perhaps you didn't hear me!" I said while grabbing the papers from his hands and throwing them towards the floor. Then his eyes met mine.

"Calm down Charlotte." He said in a disturbingly calm manner. "How dare you send him off without telling me!" I screamed as I approached him.

He quickly got up and held my shoulders. "Please you must calm down before you exert your powers for the world to see." I calmed my breath at his words.

He let go of my shoulders once I was completely calm. Then he closed his large office doors and gestured for me to sit. I sat down in a big leather chair that was a few feet away from where he stood.

"Now, I didn't want you to go with my son for many reasons." He said calmly as he pulled up another chair closer to where mine was.

"Then please your grace, tell me why." I said while rolling my eyes.

"The Scollfyld kingdom is not someone you can just play around with. Also you haven't gotten full control of your powers.

I believe it would be best for you to stay here while he handles things." He calmly said while taking a sip of tea.

"It's a dangerous journey, if anything happens to Jamie I will blame you!" I said while storming out of his office.

***

2 Weeks Later

It has been days since I heard any word from Jamie.

Every day I sit by my window hoping that I will see him riding in on his horse. However, everyday that goes by nothing...

I have stayed in my chambers only coming out to ask his father if he has heard any word.

Yet nothing. I can't sleep at night, I toss and turn all throughout the night barely getting an hour a night of sleep.

I miss Jamie warm embrace as I sleep peacefully by his side. I hate myself for relying on his touch to soothe me to sleep.

My wolf has been in utter sorrow at Jamie leaving our side. And tonight marks two weeks of him being gone.

I threw my sheets off my bed and take off running. I didn't realize I was running towards the forest until I made it to the bridge. A few weeks ago Jamie, his father and I were all here.

I slowed my pace as I walked towards the rock and studied it.

Before my eyes it opened, without the need to use my blood. Just as before the candles lit the dark room up as I pasted them.

As I walked in I could feel all of the pent up pain and anger wanting me to let go.

I believed I was far away from the kingdom and no one would even hear me scream.

So I let loose of everything that I had been holding back for nearly a full month.

Everything about my destiny, Jamie and his abstinence. Learning about some of my mothers past.

Then I lifted my arms and eyes towards the ceiling as I let loose of everything. I felt my powers within me push my wolf aside as if she was a feather and let go.

Before I knew it my body went limp at the power I had just exerted. I fell on the cold dirt floor and let my eyes fall.