ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

📍NEW ORLEANS, 1995───✱*

📍NEW ORLEANS, 1995
───*.:*.:*. ───

(Y/N) would've wished she sat back and enjoy the moment she was living right now. After successfully defeating the Kree with the help of the Skrulls and a pair of old friends, she and the others gathered around the dinner table in Maria Rambeau's house to eat a home cooked meal.

Maria and Fury were bickering about something while the leader of the Skrulls, Talos, and his wife. sat back in their chairs in their own conversation. Monica, Maria's daughter, was sitting by the stairs with Talos's daughter.

"I'd say you arrived just in time," Maria placed her cup into the table.

"Some nifty flying you did out there," Fury pointed out, his own glass in his hand. "S.H.I.E.L.D. could always use a good pilot like you."

"I'll consider it — as long as you never call my flying 'nifty' again," Maria answered before her eyes narrowed into concern. "How's your eye?"

"Hmm," (Y/N)'s eyes fell to the scar in Fury's left eye as he answered. "Getting better every second."

(Y/N) looked to her right and saw how Carol stared off like she was in her own train of thoughts, one of her arms resting in the back of her chair.

"Just so I'm clear," Carol spoke up, drawing everyone's attention. "You were Soh-Larr and the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent?"

"Keller," Fury corrected, all eyes now on Talos. "He tied my boss up, stole his identity."

"I borrowed his likeness," Talos defended himself. "I'm not thief."

"It's a little like stealing," his wife muttered out silently with a hint of a smile.

Talos looked back at her in betrayal. "Who's side are you on?"

(Y/N) couldn't stop the smile that popped in her lips at the sight of them. She'd been fighting in the wrong side of a war for far too long, and it was comforting to see the Skrulls finally receiving some sort of peace.

Fury laid back in his chair. "You're good to go here until you recover. . .but you and your family are gonna need a new look."

"I could go back to being your boss," Talos suggested.

"Uh, please don't."

"Come on," the Skrull groaned. "I loved sporting his beautiful blue eyes."

This had (Y/N) drift off and stop listening for a second, thinking of what she would do now that she was her own person and free from the Kree. Fury had offered her a spot in his area of work, saying something between the lines of 'it would be fun to have you around' but she wasn't that convinced.