³⁹. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑆𝑜𝑘𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑎 𝐵𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

(Y/N) knew they had everything covered for loading people up into the lifeboats, so when she saw about six robots flying towards the helicarrier, she knew where to head next. Her glowing figure was ready to fire at the robots when she saw a gunshot from above and a smoke trail that didn't belong to Tony's suit. (Y/N) immediately knew who it was based on the suit and by the yell of enthusiasm on comms.

"Yes!" Rhodey cheered, and he knocked out another one of the robots. "Now this is gonna be a good story."

Rhodey fired at the other robots with the machine gun on his suit's shoulder, meanwhile (Y/N) twirled in the air to blast another robot, and the last one exploded out of nowhere a few feet away. She recognized the red and gold outline of the Iron Man suit and she was preparing herself for any type of remark he had.

"Yup," he firstly said, and (Y/N) flew in between both of them in midair. "If you live to tell it."

"You think I can't hold my own?"

"We get through this, I'll hold your own."

"You love making it weird, don't you?" (Y/N) remarked as she spotted another group of robots flying around the helicarrier.

"You know me so well," Tony dramatically said and added more speed to his boosters.

The three of them circled the robots in the air, all of them using their respective weapons against them. While Tony and Rhodey fired from a distance at the robots, (Y/N) flew near them to punch holes into their chests or either blast them apart.

(Y/N) couldn't help but cheer and whoop every time she blasted one of the robots, and Tony made sure to throw the robots that were on his grip her way just to hear her enthusiastic yells again. She swerved the attacks as Rhodey fired at them, easily falling into rhythm.

"I got it," Tony's voice announced. "Create a heat seal. I could — I could supercharge the spire from below."

(Y/N) kept firing until she heard a blast not that far from her position. She saw how one of the lifeboats was losing balance in midair, just as one of the robots fired at the side of it. Rhodey and (Y/N) finished off the robot responsible for it, meanwhile Tony rushed to level the lifeboat with his own strength.

"Thor, I got a plan."

"We're out of time," Thor responded to his call. "They're coming for the core."