²⁰. 𝑀𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑟y 𝐿𝑎𝑛𝑒

📍MALIBU, CALIFORNIA ───✱*

📍MALIBU, CALIFORNIA
───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

(Y/N) couldn't help but feel a strange pit in her stomach after making the choice of leaving her usual home and joining Tony Stark in his enormous mansion, but it was too late for turning back now. A bit of irony was in her thoughts too, considering that she had already been inside the house but undercover with an alias, now, the doors were wide open to receive her and her true identity.

The white colored and window covered mansion still looked the exact same way it did almost two years ago, standing by the edge of a cliff with a downward view to the ocean. (Y/N) would be lying if she said that it wasn't a beautiful house.

After parking the car near the huge door entrance, Tony guided her inside the house while (Y/N) shouldered her duffel bag and looked around the details to see if anything had changed. Of course, the broken furniture and windows from his last birthday party fiasco were already replaced, but besides that, everything was easily the same.

As (Y/N) walked deeper around the house, an unexpected voice with a thick accent echoed through the walls of the house. "Welcome back home, sir. Is that Miss Vance on your side?"

Tony eyed her from the corner of his eye at the memory of her fake surname before answering his AI. "The lady here doesn't go for that name anymore, JARVIS. What do you suggest we call her?"

(Y/N) knew the look of mischief behind Tony's eyes, and she spoke up before he could voice his inner thoughts. "No! Don't think about turning your AI against me."

"I was just thinking of a suggestion," he defended, crossing his arms. "What was the short version for Lieutenant? Looey?"

"Don't you dare."

He huffed a laugh. "As much as I love bickering with you, we have work to do."

(Y/N)'s playful glare turned into a mixture of confusion, her eyebrows furrowing. "What do you mean?"

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

If (Y/N) knew that in the half hour of being in the same rooftop as Tony Stark would end with her being tied up to wires that connected various machines, she wouldn't have come in the first place.  The beeping sound of the machines every time her heart beat were slowly driving her insane, and because of the wires with duct tape that were glued to her temples, she could barely move her head and see what Tony was doing.

He had offered to restore her long forgotten memories, a part of him still grasping to the hope that she could remember at least half of the friendship they'd held together before she disappeared. (Y/N) found his ambition sweet at first, but after Tony dragged her downstairs into his workshop in the basement, now she was a bit hesitant.