⁵⁹. 𝑆𝑡𝑢𝑐𝑘 𝑖𝑛 𝑆𝑝𝑎𝑐𝑒

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

Twenty-two days. Twenty two days had passed after losing to Thanos and (Y/N) felt herself drifting into insanity. There was no sign of Tony's activity at all, and that made her ten times more terrified than she's ever felt in her life. The others in the compound did their best to reassure her, but she knew that they themselves had their demons to battle after such a terrible loss, they just had different ways to express them.

Carol had been of help in the process, yet it was visible to (Y/N) how much anger was in her body from losing Fury to a titan she'd never seen before. (Y/N), on the other hand, fought back the urge to scream into her pillow every night after not hearing a single word from Tony's whereabouts, the engagement ring on her finger not doing any favors.

Steve, like always, had been the most composed out of all, and he did his best to comfort his companions. Today had been no exception, and he knocked on the door to (Y/N)'s room with hope of getting to her and changing her guilt-consuming mindset.

"Come in," she groaned, lifting her head from her pillow to see who it was, yet she didn't have to guess who it was. She got up from laying on the bed and crossed her legs, moving all the blankets in the process. "You know, I'm starting to think you won't give up on this."

Steve raised his hands in surrender. "I can do this all day."

(Y/N) scoffed with a shook of her head. "Oh, stop that," her eyes then registered something missing on his face. "You shaved?"

"Is it bad?" Steve suddenly grew subconscious over the shaved beard, his fingers grazing his hairless jaw meanwhile his eyes searched for any sign of disgust in her expression.

"No! I was finally getting used to seeing you with the beard and then — " she responded. A sigh left her lips, and her eyes darted to the floor. She decided to change the subject. "Any news at all?"

Steve shook his head. "No."

A frustrated groan left (Y/N)'s lips. "Where the hell is he?"

"Carol is doing her best to find him, we just — "

"Maybe, if she had help like I suggested, we would've found him by now."

"(Y/N), we've been over this," Steve scolded in his common, demanding voice. "You're too emotionally invested, you'd be going into the unknown without a clear head. Any new information would have you on an emotional turmoil."

"'Emotional turmoil'?" she snapped, eyes planting their angry gaze at Steve like a couple of sharp knives. "This is my fiancé we're talking about, Steve. How do you want me to react?"