⁷⁶. 𝐷𝑖𝑣𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑑

📍MORAG, 2014 ───✱*

📍MORAG, 2014
───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

The trio watched from behind the rocks how Peter Quill arrived in Morag just like they predicted. They followed after him, careful not to distract him as he walked or danced his way to the temple that contained the Orb. It was a strange sight to say the least, watching how he danced and sang out a song that no one else could hear because of his headphones.

"Now I know what Tony meant by 'Flash Gordon'," (Y/N) mumbled.

Rhodey made a sound in the back of his throat like he agreed. He turned back to face Nebula. "So, he's an idiot?"

"Yeah." she answered disappointingly.

They snuck up behind him and Rhodey smacked him in the back of the head with a baton. Once he dropped unconscious, Nebula scavenged through Quill's bag in search for a specific tool; she pulled it out and held it up in her fingers for them to see.

"What's that?" Rhodey asked.

"The tool of a thief."

Nebula used the tool to open the entrance of the temple, resembling the simple act of picking a lock. The doors opened slowly and (Y/N) balled her fists in a defensive stance, since she didn't know what was hiding behind the doors. Rhodey was in charge of providing light, since everything around them was darkened and was hard for them to see.

Nebula took a step forward once the doors stopped moving, but Rhodey grabbed her arm before she could move.

She stared at him in confusion and he jumped to explain himself. "This is the part where the spikes come out with skeletons on the end of them and everything."

(Y/N) stared at him with raised eyebrows.

"What are you talking about?" Nebula frowned.

"When you break into a place called 'The Temple of the Power Stone', there's gonna be a bunch of booby traps — "

Nebula didn't wait for him to finish and stepped forward, proving his theory wrong. (Y/N) walked behind her, still holding her hands up in defense. Rhodey was still muttering phrases under his breath, but they were incoherent for (Y/N) to hear.

The temple didn't have any sort of trap, or any sign that someone had stepped foot in it for a long time. Everything was dark but there, in the center of the room, laid what they were searching for. Protected by a shield, the Orb that contained the Power Stone hovered in midair.

Nebula extended her robotic arm forward and entered the force shield with no hesitation. (Y/N) was about to protest whether it was a good idea, watching how the metal started melting as it spent more time inside the shield. In a matter of seconds and without even a shriek of pain, Nebula pulled off the Orb from the shield. She held it in her hissing hand, the force shield disappearing since now it didn't have anything to protect.