⁵². 𝑃𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑖𝑐 𝐴𝑛𝑛𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑠

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

"Happy should be here with the kid any time now," Tony announced as he chose between which pair of sunglasses he was going to use.

Not even two days had passed after (Y/N)'s talk with Peter, and chaos soon followed after that. From what she heard from Happy's point of view and several police reports, he was able to stop a man named Adrian Toomes from robbing the plane filled with all of the Avengers' gadgets in it, even leaving the man tied up with his webs and a note that explained the situation.

Happy, just as Tony said, was in charge of picking Peter up from school and bringing him to the remodeled compound for a little chitchat, one that was very much needed. (Y/N) was just planning to greet the kid in her normal clothes, yet Tony strangely told her to dress up. His excuse being that they might have to face a press conference after it.

"Are you done deciding which tie I'm gonna wear?" he continued in a whiny tone, placing the sunglasses over his eyes. He stood in the middle of their shared bedroom with his foot impatiently hitting against the floor.

"Yes," (Y/N) grabbed the one she had decided in the end and smoothed the wrinkles. She gestured for him to come closer to her and helped him adjust it to his personal preference.

"Don't give me that look," she scolded him, feeling his judgmental stare as she fixed the tie. "I'm sorry if I wanted us to match for this particular occasion."

"It's not that, honey. It's the fact that we might be late," he corrected, fixing the collar of his shirt as it got stuck under the tie. "Aren't you ex-military? Weren't you taught to be strict about time?"

He raised his hands in defense when she shot him a glare. "Sorry. Rough spot."

Instead of responding to that, she cleared her throat and stepped back to analyze his outfit from a different angle. Tony rolled his eyes playfully at her antics and resumed to his anxious foot tapping.

"We're like one of those old couples."

"Oh, like you don't like that."

He stayed suspiciously silent at that remark. Even for (Y/N)'s liking. She raised her eyebrows in suspicion at him, yet she didn't say anything. She clasped her hands together, which declared she was satisfied with the result.

"Let's go."

"Finally."

(Y/N) looped her arm with Tony's and they both exited the room, walking through the empty hallway that once had other team members living behind those doors. Several agents or office workers passed by them and flashed polite smiles on their way to their respective destinations, something that was of natural occurrence on any normal day.