⁴⁴. 𝑈𝑛𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛

📍BERLIN, GERMANY ───✱*

📍BERLIN, GERMANY
───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

If everyone around him knew that Tony Stark was not having a good day, then they wouldn't have approached him to deliver him even harsher news. Since his mind was paying more attention on fixing the mess Steve and Sam got themselves into, he didn't have time to think of anything — or anyone — else. He had made sure that Vision watched over both (Y/N) and Wanda back at the compound, where he knew she'd be safe and that he didn't have to constantly check over her. Call it an irrational fear, but after being told that she had died in that plane crash all those years ago and suddenly having her back into his life, Tony did not want to risk losing (Y/N) all over again.

A junior agent walked into the office with a phone and tablet in his hands, eyebrows furrowed as if he was deeply worried. His eyes were scanning the area for Tony, so he could disable the red alarm blaring on his phone.

"Excuse me, sir — "

"No, Romania was not Accords-sanctioned," Tony payed him no mind since he was on the phone with Secretary Ross, pacing in the middle of the office. From the corner of his eye, he saw Natasha approaching with the men of the hour. "Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup."

Natasha told to Steve and Sam as she guided them to the office. "Try not to break anything while we fix this."

"Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences," Tony continued, eyeing Steve before returning to the call. If he wasn't that busy in his own world, he would've noticed the agent trying to call his attention unsuccessfully. "Obviously you can quote me on that, because I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir."

"'Consequences'?" Steve questioned with raised eyebrows once Tony ended the call.

"Secretary Ross wants you both prosecuted," Tony replied and stuffed his phone back in his pocket. "Had to give him something."

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?"

"Technically, it's the government's property," Natasha was the one to give him an answer, flashing him a smile that didn't reach her eyes. "Wings too."

"That's cold," Sam shook his head.

"Warmer than jail," Tony remarked with a smug smile, wanting to catch up with Natasha but his eyes then trailed to the younger agent.

By now, the agent was sweating out of nerves and looked utterly annoyed by the blaring alarm on his screen. He did everything he could to try and shut it down, but he somehow couldn't. The letters in all caps on the tablet read out Security Breach, and he needed help to figure out the problem.