⁴⁸. 𝐹𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑆𝑜𝑙𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠

📍AVENGERS COMPOUND───✱*

📍AVENGERS COMPOUND
───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

(Y/N) never would've thought she'd be allowed to take another step inside the compound again, especially after the Accords fiasco. She had let out a shaky breath as the building got closer and closer, staring up at it as if it was the first time she was seeing it. Since Tony had left the day prior, (Y/N) made it her personal mission to watch over Rhodey in his recovery, or at least be with him until she gets chased down with pitchforks by Ross.

Rhodey had been transferred to Columbia Medical for a complete diagnosis, and the doctors had declared a paralysis from the waist down. Knowing Tony and Rhodey's stubborn selfs, they wouldn't give up and find some sort of solution to make the latter's life return back to normal. And that's exactly what happened.

When Tony returned from god knows where, the first thing (Y/N) had noticed were the evident bruises on his face. She tried to pry answers from him, and the response she got was that things with Steve didn't go as well as he had planned. As much as (Y/N) wanted to know more about what had happened, Tony looked stiff as a board and closed off, as usual. She knew it'll take time for him to trust her enough again to tell her.

So, in the meantime, both of them used their free time to fuss over Rhodey, who had been starting his physical therapy. Tony — as she predicted — fabricated some sort of device attached to the legs that allowed Rhodey to stand on his own feet. He was having a hard time adjusting to it since it was figuratively new, but he counted on both (Y/N) and Tony to help him out. On the other hand, Vision, who was also staying in the compound, had offered to help as well but spent the entirety of his time mopping about Wanda's capture in the Raft.

"Give me some feedback, anything you think of," Tony told his friend as he offered his shoulder for Rhodey to lean on. The latter was walking in between two metal bars that helped him keep a straight line and hold on if needed. "Shock absorption, lateral movement. Cup holder?"

"You may wanna think about some AC down in — "

Rhodey didn't get to finish his sentence since he slipped on the ground, barely hitting his head if it wasn't for him reacting at the last minute. (Y/N) gasped in shock, kneeling down in front of him as she offered her hands to help him up. Tony was crouched down on his other side, offering some of his help too, watching how Rhodey was able to push his upper body up from the floor.

"Let's go. I'll give you a hand."

"No," Rhodey declined. "Don't help me."

He panted to catch his breath, grunting as he turned around with the full strength of his arms so he could sit properly, still on the ground. He lifted his head to stare at both (Y/N) and Tony, who were watching over him like an injured child. He let out a fake laugh, shaking his head to the side and staring forward deep in thought.