⁸¹. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑊𝑜𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑁𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑒

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

The gauntlet was left with no defense in the middle of the battlefield, almost challenging anyone to step in and take it.

Thanos made his way up to the glove and was about to grab it when Tony stopped him with a tug of his arm. The titan was able to shake him off and tossed him to the dirt at the same time that (Y/N) regained her footing, having seen the entire thing. Her blood boiled at the sight of her husband laying on the ground defeated, so she thrusted her feet against the floor to fly in that direction.

At that same moment, Thor jumped in to fight Thanos off, his axe crackling with lightning as he used it to try and slice at the skin. (Y/N) joined the fight from behind, using her strength to restrain Thanos in a chokehold that allowed Thor to get a flew blows in.

Thor summoned his hammer too, and he used both of his weapons to keep Thanos from moving due to the crackling of lightning that these weapons had. The god's eyes were glowing in an electric blue light identical to the lightning around the axe, but that power didn't last for long. Thanos head butted Thor and punched him once his grip on his hand was free. He reached his other hand backward and grabbed a hold of (Y/N)'s hair, pulling onto it to throw her aside.

He grabbed the gauntlet but Y/N) jumped back in to kick him in the back of the knee to bend it over. Carol flew to assist her, but Thanos grabbed her by the arm and spun her around before tossing her away. He threw a punch with left hand that hit (Y/N) square in the jaw, giving him enough time to grab the gauntlet and placing it on.

The energy surged through his arm and he let out a groan at the sensation, but (Y/N) grabbed his gloved hand and tried to take it off. He fought back against her harsh grip and he tried to punch her again, this time not having the same effect as before. She grinned at him and removed one hand from her grip on the glove, extending it in the air in hopes that the weapon might come to her.

The Mjolnir landed on her hand and she gripped the handle. With a smirk, she swung it forward and it smacked Thanos right in the side of his head with enough force to knock him back. (Y/N) didn't even wait for him to stand up before she raised the hammer in the air and thunder rumbled, a streak of lightning falling from the sky and into the weapon. She redirected the lightning in Thanos's direction, hitting him in the chest. She used her unoccupied hand and balled it into a fist before firing a blast of her own, doubling the damage.

Thanos growled in pain and all he could do was raise his gloved hand in an attempt to cover himself, though that didn't work. He removed the Power Stone out the gauntlet and held it in his other hand. He let out a groan at the pain of the stone coming in contact with his skin before he used it against (Y/N). Her eyes widened at the powerful blast coming her way and she wasn't quick enough to block it, which threw her back a few feet.