⁷¹. 𝑆𝑢𝑑𝑑𝑒𝑛 𝐷𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑏𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒

2023

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

"Nineteen. . .twenty! Ready or not here I come!"

(Y/N) removed her hands from her eyes after covering them for a few seconds. She was crouched on her knees in the grass outside their cabin, but after she announced her statement into the air, she got up to her full height. It was the second round of hide & seek between her and Morgan, one of their favorite activities to do outdoors. Tony wanted to join them too, but he was stuck doing lunch (well, at least, attempting to) indoors in the kitchen.

(Y/N) stayed completely silent so she could hear any sort of movement around her, careful to watch her steps too. She surrounded the small tent hung up by a couple of twigs and tree branches, not finding a sign of Morgan anywhere.

"Hmm," she said in a loud tone, placing her hands on her hips. "I guess Morgan isn't here. I'm gonna have to search somewhere else. . ."

Just as she expected, she heard a quiet chuckle from the inside of the tent. (Y/N) grinned and watched her steps as she made her way over to the entrance of it, noticing how one of the flaps moved due to a push from the inside. (Y/N) knelt down on the grass again and reached out a hand to pull back the tent's flap. With the flap fully open, it revealed the small figure of just the person she wanted to find.

"Found you!"

Morgan let out a squeal and revealed her toothy grin. (Y/N) reached out to grab her and carefully scooped her in her arms. Morgan's laughter increased, and (Y/N) took this as an opportunity to blow a raspberry into her daughter's cheek and tickling her sides. The sound of her laughter was something she'll never get tired of, as if it was music to her ears.

The girls were too busy in their own small bubble that they didn't hear the front door open and close from afar. Tony walked down the steps of the front porch with hands stuffed in his pockets, clapping his hands together.

"Honey, Honey Jr., lunch's ready!"

He yelled loud enough for them to hear, but he stopped in his tracks when he heard the laughter coming from both of them. The sight in front of him made his eyes soften, a smile of his own forming in his lips.

But him, in his typical nature, decided to say his one of his usual remarks. "I see I'm being excluded from all the fun."

(Y/N) stopped tickling Morgan but the smile was still plastered on her face. Morgan, on the other hand, jumped from her mother's grasp and opened her arms to embrace her father, who knelt down on the grass to be at her level.