³⁴. 𝐴 𝐿𝑜𝑤 𝐻𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑜𝑢𝑡

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

Most of the team wasn't in the right state of mind when they all returned to the jet. Thor still felt chills down his spine, Steve stayed quiet with his own thoughts, and Bruce was covered in a layer of sweat after his stunt as the Hulk. Natasha sat silently in one of the chair while staring down at her hands. (Y/N) was lulled to sleep by the constant sound of the working engine of the jet, but still looked bothered in her sleep since her eyebrows were furrowed. Clint was the one to place his jacket over her figure to calm her down after what he saw back in the cargo ship, and looked back every now and then from the cockpit to see how she was.

"The news is loving you guys," Hill's voice came through the radio. "Nobody else is. There's been no official call for Banner's arrest but it's in the air."

"The Stark Relief Foundation?" Tony questioned from his spot after being silent for the entire ride, which was unlike him.

"Already on the scene," Maria responded. "How's the team?"

"Everyone's. . ." Tony trailed off. "We took a hit. We'll shake it off."

"Well, for now, I'd stay in stealth mode and stay away from here."

"So, run and hide?"

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer."

Tony sighed. His eyes fell on his weakened teammates, but they easily trailed off to (Y/N)'s asleep form. "Neither do we."

Maria stayed silent and Tony cut off communication with her, finally standing up from his seat. With a sigh, he moved forward to the cockpit where Clint was piloting, and see that it was already night time.

"Hey, you wanna switch out?" he asked him.

"No, I'm good," Clint told him. "If you wanna get some kip, now's a good time because we're still a few hours out."

"A few hours from where?"

"A safe house."

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

By the time the sun reached the sky, the jet landed in a plain green field, also surrounded by hundreds of trees that covered the area they were on. There was no sign of anyone or anything else around besides the big, white cabin that stood a few feet away from where they landed.

Clint led the group through the fence that surrounded the house, holding onto Natasha for support. (Y/N), who was still groggy from her nap, had Thor grabbing onto her arm ever since they stepped outside the jet. The seven climbed up the steps in the porch that led to the front door, and Clint fixated on opening it up.